WAG Skipping Invite Camp and Going Straight to Devo Camp...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

FlippinLilysMom

Proud Parent
Is it common for girls to completely skip going to invitational developmental camps and go straight to developmental camp??? Seems like that is what they are going to have Lily do. She has never been to camp, we were told before Classics that she was on the short list for invite camp and just found out after Classics that she is skipping invite camp and going straight to devo camp. She is excited but nervous, since she has never experienced invite camp she is worried that she won't do well being put right into devo camp with girls that have been doing devo camp for months or years.

Is it common for girls to completely skip going to invitational developmental camps and go straight to developmental camp??? Seems like that is what they are going to have Lily do. She has never been to camp, we were told before Classics that she was on the short list for invite camp and just found out after Classics that she is skipping invite camp and going straight to devo camp. She is excited but nervous, since she has never experienced invite camp she is worried that she won't do well being put right into devo camp with girls that have been doing devo camp for months or years.
My dd went straight to Dev Camp out of Hopes as well. There will be a few in the same boat. I am confident she will do amazing!

One of my athletes went from TOPs straight to Devo. It was intimidating but there was a great group of girls she fit well with. Some of the older girls have graduated to senior camp or are out of the camp system. It feels like there are a lot of younger girls. She’s going to be just fine.

It seems very common from our gym. The good news is they don't just invite anyone, if they invited her she has the talent to be there. But it's a test of mental toughness (don't tell her that). Some like it, can handle it and do well. And for others it just doesn't seem worth it. Of course my opinions are based of the ranch experiences, I would like to think it's a much better environment now..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back