Parents Skipping levels question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

maddiemei

Proud Parent
I've read the USAG rules and I'm still confused and wonder if anyone can help. In the fall my DD competed level 3 and went to states. We switched gyms and they put her with the level 4 girls who were going to do prep op silver this winter. They did that, went to states and now are starting level 5 training. My DD is still in the group. She has the 75% required (actually she has all but the kip because they've been uptraining since December) to move to level 5. The question is, must she compete a level 4 meet in order to move to level 5? The rules say no skipping levels and I'm assuming that she would have to do one meet, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Unless this has changed in the past couple of years, I believe L4 isn't a required compulsory level. My DD1 never competed it~she started at L5. I don't think skipping from L3 to L5 is considered "skipping" (since some USAG gyms don't even compete L3 and L4) so she should be fine.

My DD never competed L4 either, Competitive L4 was not an option at her gym.

USAG doesn't require it. She can compete L5 without ever competing L4.

I think everyone covered it, but just wanted to wish your daughter good luck! DD will be doing another L4 season. Which is probably a good thing, because I think it will take another season before she gets her kip. :)

Its been a long time and I don't know what the current rule is, but dd was allowed to start competing L5 at 6 because she would turn 7 before the state meet. Like I say, that may not be the rule now, but that's the way it was 12 years ago.

Thanks for the replies everyone. She's been working on her level 5 skills since they went back to practice on Monday. She's loving it. She actually does a better vault now :). She is 7 and will turn 8 in September so she's good there. She is the baby on the team which is good because she doesn't compete against any of them.
Good luck to everyone who has states this weekend. Hers was last Sunday and I'm glad it's over.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back