Parents Slower to medium tempo floor music suggestions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cyclopsmom

Proud Parent
My daughter just found out on Friday that she is being moved up to level 6 for this season and needs to choose three pieces of floor music right away. She is 11 and better at dance and flexibility than power and tumbling so we are looking for something that is not too fast or intense. I did search some of the floor music threads, but found more posts about music that is suited for powerful gymnasts.

So far dd is favoring the following on floor express music: Cat's Eyes, Welcome to Japan, and Alice in Wonderland (although I wish this one had real violin instead of synthesizer). Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Dreamchaser (energym) was one that my DD used...nice mix of slow pretty parts with a bit of drama. I sound like an energym commercial! ;)

Wow Tuppy, Dance for me is truly exquisite. It wouldn't work for DD but it sure is a lovely piece for a graceful gymnast.

Congratulations to your DD cyclopsmom, level 6 is a huge accomplishment!!

I've given these suggestions before on this forum, but I still say my favorite slower-tempo floor routine pieces are Road of Trials and Apotheosis from the Journey sountrack

EDIT: of, if she can be REALLY dramatic, possibly something from the Shadow of the Colossus soundtrack. The Opened Way, Violent Encounter, and In Awe of the Power are the first three to jump to my mind.

Last edited:
I love Alice! My DD has a very pretty Lindsey Sterling piece for her floor, I would suggest listening to some of her music.

My daughter used Alice in Wonderland last season and had a very pretty floor routine to it. I loved the music and it wasn't overplayed (maybe heard it twice the entire season).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back