Parents Small kids doing vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Could it be the spring board is too tight? Are there differences? She is pretty good at "hitting" it and can do it really well off a tramp.

Could it be the spring board is too tight? Are there differences? She is pretty good at "hitting" it and can do it really well off a tramp.

I’m no coach or expert, but how is her run? The thing I notice about all the tiny ones with good vaults is they have a really great, consistent, strong run coming at the springboard, and don’t noticeably slow down before they punch the board like some other kids do.

Depends on whether they have it on 3 springs or 4 springs. Lighter girls often need fewer springs than heavier girls.

Reactions: sce
My DD was one of the smallest on her team at Level 3 (and smallest one on her team now), but she never struggled with vault. In fact she placed first in state the year she competed level 3. And to this day, I have no idea why LOL... vault eludes me! Most of them look the same to me ;) DD has always had a strong run and a good punch off the board. Her coach has always spent a great deal of time focusing on drills for vault. breaking down the basics and getting the correct shapes/form and such. I am sure your DD's coaches will continue to work with her to get the timing and technique down!

Reactions: SMH

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back