so...im new to chalk bucket

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
well i used to do gymnastics from the ages of 5 - 10. 5 - 9 was at school - really bad once you learned a cartwheel and roundoff you were pretty much as advanced as you could get at school but i still found it fun at the time 9 - 10 was at club gymnastics and was level 2 however didn't compete because my bars (i wasn't strong enough) was pretty advanced on beam at the time doing cartwheels and handstands with confidence. Quit gymnastics at age 10 because the gym shut down and the other local gym was in the process of moving due to previous issues so that cut my gymnastics short. earlier this year i decided to go back went to the gym to get assessed and then tore a ligament in the process. Looks like im not meant to be in gymnastics. waited until after my ligament had healed to go back - had school exams decided to wait until next term. i quit dance for gym - BEST DECISION EVER! have been doing a senior recreation class however because i am more advanced than the rest (some don't even have a cartwheel on floor and i have it on beam as well as my RO - BHS on tramp nearly ready to transfer to floor. Next term i am changing to levels and competing Open Level 4 - don't really know what that would be in other levels i just know that its easier than actual level 4 and i will be training 7.5 hrs a week

Welcome to CB! Sounds like you might have found a class/ program that suits you finally! IT does take a while for some and not everyone's suited to the same thing! I really hope you enjoy the Open Level 4! Im a gymnast from the UK so I cant tell you much about that but it sounds like you are getting on really well! Hope to see you around on CB!!!

flippinlolly i think you are right it just took another 5 years after i quit to find what i think to be the right program however my mother is not sure about the hours - i tell her they aren't that much and that other people are training much more. I think she thinks i will fall behind in school so if anyone has any tips on keeping up with school that would be great.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back