So now that the vax is a reality who will be getting.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So who will be getting the vax.

• We will, whole family as we are approved

Votes: 96 76.8%
  • None of us will

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Some will (feel free to elaborate via post)

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
Can you expand? What is very sick? How long? How long in bed?
I know you were not asking me, but I can tell you that pretty shortly after the second dose, my arm hurt like crazy and that night I awoke around 2 am with a 103 deg F fever. I didn't take anything for it and it was gone by morning. The next day I still had to be at work and it was rough, for sure. Felt like I had the flu but meanwhile no fever at all. Just super sluggish and achy. My entire team (8 of us) all got our 2nd doses together and all of us were able to come to work the next day. Only one other person got a fever overnight. Everyone said they felt like crap but a functional sort of crap.

I know you were not asking me, but I can tell you that pretty shortly after the second dose, my arm hurt like crazy and that night I awoke around 2 am with a 103 deg F fever. I didn't take anything for it and it was gone by morning. The next day I still had to be at work and it was rough, for sure. Felt like I had the flu but meanwhile no fever at all. Just super sluggish and achy. My entire team (8 of us) all got our 2nd doses together and all of us were able to come to work the next day. Only one other person got a fever overnight. Everyone said they felt like crap but a functional sort of crap.
Thanks.

Now I personally wouldn’t consider that very sick. Sounds like you wouldn’t either. How long did you all feel like crap? A bit of “crap” is part of an immune response so not necessarily surprising.

My shingles shot, hurt to the point you couldn’t touch my upper arm for 5 days and another three days before it stopped hurting completely. Worse pain of any vax thus far me. Usually my arm is a bit achy for a day, maybe up to 3.

I’m always curious as what folks define as very sick. It’s a bit subjective. So once again thanks.

Infectious Disease doc here and I have had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine and would just as readily gotten the Moderna. In Israel where they have done a much better job of rollout thwy are already seeing positive clinical impacts with reduced severe cases and hospitalization rates.
Excellent news

As soon as they are available we will get them. Hubby is a frontline provider, so likely by April/May. Most likely for me by September/October. Kids are all adults now, so they likely will be September/October too.

Though I am allergic to the Moderna/Pfizer PEG base, so I am hoping for the J&J or Astrazeneca vaccine options.

Canada is having serious supply chain issues, no vaccine manufacturing at all. So our outlook is extremely poor.

We will all get it as soon as we are eligible. I'm teaching entirely online this semester, so I probably won't be eligible for a while.

Infectious Disease doc here and I have had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine and would just as readily gotten the Moderna. In Israel where they have done a much better job of rollout thwy are already seeing positive clinical impacts with reduced severe cases and hospitalization rates.
Israel is doing a super job on rollout. I am in NYC. Will get my first dose on April 1st. Waiting 90 days because Ihad covid and Dr Fauci says natural abs might interfere with the vaccine. Other experts do not agree, but I am taking his advice.

I have two in college who don't want to get the vaccine but feel they will be pressured by the colleges when that age group is allowed.

DH and my youngest likely will not get the vaccine as they are at very low risk and will be in the last groups eligible anyway.

As for me, I don't know. I am technically eligible now but I will not take away a spot from someone in more need. I have successfully protected myself and the people I work with for the past year. I can wait longer. I would much rather have the teachers get it if they want, to help them feel more comfortable in the classrooms. And frankly, I am not keen on taking any medication/vaccine without knowing long term side effects. I have an autoimmune disease which places me at higher risk for additional autoimmune conditions. I do not want to risk a potential hyper-reaction without more long term data, which we will not have for several months after the first vaccines have been given to autoimmune patients

Israel is doing a super job on rollout. I am in NYC. Will get my first dose on April 1st. Waiting 90 days because Ihad covid and Dr Fauci says natural abs might interfere with the vaccine. Other experts do not agree, but I am taking his advice.
I think it is reasonable to wait 90 days. Fauci is a pretty smart dude - I would do what he says :)

Still up in the air. However, I am young & healthy so I am pretty close to the bottom of the list to begin with. I hope to have a decision made by the time it is actually available to me.

I didn’t have a fever but many therapists and healthcare school personnel got our first shot of Moderna and were functional but felt pretty crappy. A larger portion though just had really sore arms.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back