So now that the vax is a reality who will be getting.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So who will be getting the vax.

• We will, whole family as we are approved

Votes: 96 76.8%
  • None of us will

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Some will (feel free to elaborate via post)

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
My grandparents in Israel both didn’t want to get it but ended up getting it, no side effects, no waiting - super efficient process.
I however am in Florida, and there’s no end in sight for when I might be eligible for a vaccine. I’m not old and not in a high risk category, but I want to go home to my family that I haven’t seen in over a year and it’s very hard to do that without a vaccine or a two week quarantine (away from home, which I can’t afford) - so I’m a little salty on the slow roll out. I know Florida has a massive elderly population and no real intention of a quick roll out to begin with, so there’s not much I can do but keep my eye out for when our county opens up to the next phase of people.

I know you were not asking me, but I can tell you that pretty shortly after the second dose, my arm hurt like crazy and that night I awoke around 2 am with a 103 deg F fever. I didn't take anything for it and it was gone by morning. The next day I still had to be at work and it was rough, for sure. Felt like I had the flu but meanwhile no fever at all. Just super sluggish and achy. My entire team (8 of us) all got our 2nd doses together and all of us were able to come to work the next day. Only one other person got a fever overnight. Everyone said they felt like crap but a functional sort of crap.
I believe a lot of hospitals are staggering when their staff get vaccinated for this reason.

I got my first Pfizer does and was surprised by how tired I felt for 48 hours after, but I am so thankful that I got it. I am also so glad that all the skeptics are coming around. If you were previously hesitant but have changed your mind, please share that with other hesitant people. You are our best bet for vaccine uptake.

I think it is reasonable to wait 90 days. Fauci is a pretty smart dude - I would do what he says :)
Thanks. I agree. There is so much still unknown about this virus. But if you are going to rely on anyone for good information it should probably be Dr Fauci.

Just sharing a delayed side effect I had... I had the first dose with no issues, just a sore arm for a day. But a week later, I noticed that below the site was out of nowhere a little tender. When I looked at it, there was a red bump that was warm and a little itchy? I talked to a couple people and apparently two other pharmacists at another store in my division got it too. One said hers was more like a hive. But same thing, a week later, below the injection site, and a little forward (like toward the body?) too. Then Puma and one of his coworkers who got their first shot 4 days after I did got this too a week after theirs. Upon further research, apparently this is fairly common? We all happened to have Moderna. All of us said it was very minor, and 100% gone in a day. So just in case anyone else gets this, you’re not crazy and it’s not anything to worry about!

Thanks.

Now I personally wouldn’t consider that very sick. Sounds like you wouldn’t either. How long did you all feel like crap? A bit of “crap” is part of an immune response so not necessarily surprising.

My shingles shot, hurt to the point you couldn’t touch my upper arm for 5 days and another three days before it stopped hurting completely. Worse pain of any vax thus far me. Usually my arm is a bit achy for a day, maybe up to 3.

I’m always curious as what folks define as very sick. It’s a bit subjective. So once again thanks.
The shingles shot was by far the worst shot I have ever had and not only did I have what you described with the arm, I had full on fever and flu like symptoms for two days

The shingles shot was by far the worst shot I have ever had and not only did I have what you described with the arm, I had full on fever and flu like symptoms for two days
I warn people before I give them Shingrix to not have big plans the next day or so....I would say the majority of people tell me they are fine after, but a FAR higher percentage of people feel terrible the next day compared to a flu shot. I‘m interested to see how the Covid vaccine compares as I get more info. So far it seems to be somewhere in the middle of Shingrix and flu? We‘ll see as more people get second doses. Statistically there’s a higher chance of not feeling great after the second one. My second one is next Friday, so I’ll keep you posted!

I got my second dose Monday of the Moderna vaccine. With first dose, I had the typically sore arm and some mild chills and aches. This time, the sore arm was a bit worse (think flu shot x 100 or so), but didn’t really bother me. Around 6 hours later, I started to get severe aches, chills, and some nausea. Went to bed early and figured I would feel better in the morning. I woke up around 3:00 AM shivering like crazy and feeling just very off. I went downstairs to get Ibuprofen, and as I was walking down the stairs, I started to feel dizzy and saw stars. Ending up passing out on my kitchen floor, and when I woke up, my pulse was very weak and around 25-30 bpm, so I’m sure I had a vagal response. It took me around 30 minutes to drag myself back upstairs if I’m being honest. Went back to sleep, and felt fine when I woke up. Had a mild fever and aches in the afternoon, and today I’m completely normal. I hadn’t heard of vagal reactiosn/fainting being a side effect (except for immediately after injection), but have since talked to 3 other health care providers that had the exact same reaction.

I got my second dose Monday of the Moderna vaccine. With first dose, I had the typically sore arm and some mild chills and aches. This time, the sore arm was a bit worse (think flu shot x 100 or so), but didn’t really bother me. Around 6 hours later, I started to get severe aches, chills, and some nausea. Went to bed early and figured I would feel better in the morning. I woke up around 3:00 AM shivering like crazy and feeling just very off. I went downstairs to get Ibuprofen, and as I was walking down the stairs, I started to feel dizzy and saw stars. Ending up passing out on my kitchen floor, and when I woke up, my pulse was very weak and around 25-30 bpm, so I’m sure I had a vagal response. It took me around 30 minutes to drag myself back upstairs if I’m being honest. Went back to sleep, and felt fine when I woke up. Had a mild fever and aches in the afternoon, and today I’m completely normal. I hadn’t heard of vagal reactiosn/fainting being a side effect (except for immediately after injection), but have since talked to 3 other health care providers that had the exact same reaction.
That doesn’t sound fun. I get my second Moderna on the 12th. I’m getting it on Friday afternoon and I’m off for the weekend.

Only had my first dose. Next one in beginning of March. If I was going to have immune response symptoms that’s when I’d expect them. We’ll see

That doesn’t sound fun. I get my second Moderna on the 12th. I’m getting it on Friday afternoon and I’m off for the weekend.
It definitely wasn’t fun, and I was happy to be off yesterday because I couldn’t have worked. We have been averaging 3 call-ins a day in our department with the second dose, and those are health care providers who are conditioned to come in no matter how badly they feel. I am working and completely fine today, though.

Oh man! I’m so sorry! Glad you’re feeling better. I’m definitely a little nervous because I have to work next weekend and my second dose is that Friday. I normally would have worked the following weekend, but the 13th is Puma Jr’s bday (14! How did that happen??!!) and the 14th is the in house meet. So my partner was nice enough to switch with me, but now I fear not feeling great after the second dose and having to work... fingers crossed!

I had my second dose a week ago and had a similar reaction. Was pretty sick for about 36 hours. I woke up on the second morning feeling great-- my arm was still sore for another two days but the flu-like symptoms (fever, aches, chills, headache) were all gone. I'd say 80% of us who got our second dose the same day had some reaction, with about 40% having reactions about like mine. My employer is now going to give all employees an extra sick day to take after the second dose as an incentive to get the vaccine.

I am on a waiting list and will get the vaccine when I can. I work in a middle school and interact with a LOT of kids every day. (We just went back in person hybrid this week.) It is incredibly challenging to get an appointment here. The online registration through our local health department requires being online at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday and refreshing the page until you get lucky with a slot or unlucky with a SOLD OUT notice. This is only available once a week. Since I am typically working at that time and cannot sit by a computer, I'm just going to wait to see if my waitlist slot at a local hospital comes up.

DH has no risk factors and works at home so he will wait. My oldest is a freshman away at college and will probably choose to be vaccinated when she becomes eligible due to living in a residence hall. DD17, DS15, and DS13 are likely in for a long wait due to lack of availability.

Same! My next dose I will probably schedule on a Friday afternoon, bleh.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back