So now that the vax is a reality who will be getting.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So who will be getting the vax.

• We will, whole family as we are approved

Votes: 96 76.8%
  • None of us will

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Some will (feel free to elaborate via post)

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
I had mine (Pfizer), since I teach nursing in the hospital and/or long-term care setting. I did have a strong response to the 2nd one-pretty hefty flu-like symptoms for about 16 hrs. That's actually a good sign, as it indicates the immune system is being primed for future battles with actual COVID.

Aussie_coach: We have three vaccines in the US now: Pfizer, Moderna, and just got J&J approved, some places are already administering it today.

GYM0M: It's not new tech. mRNA vaccines have been tested in humans before, for at least four infectious diseases: rabies (since 2017), influenza, cytomegalovirus, and Zika.

As far as choosing which one-get whichever you can get, the soonest. ALL effectively protect against severe disease, hospitalization, and death. Isn't that what we are aiming for? The sooner that infection rates and deaths go down, the sooner we can feel a sense of normalcy and stop worrying so much.

Take care everyone...

No vaccine for my family for now, it is not necessary as we are all healthy and most of us have gotten covid already anyway. With the numerous injury's just in the trials, and the fact that the vaccine doesn't even prevent you from getting the virus, it only reduces symptoms, it is not at all necessary for us. When we got the virus (even my 70 year old grandparents) it was just like a cold. For us, it just is not worth it whatsoever.

We'll see. I don't mind being sick for a little, but my daughter has a meet tomorrow, so I hope it doesn't knock me flat!
The day after the vax I was EXHAUSTED. Once I had to drag myself out of bed to get my daughter ready for her meet, and got moving, and ate a meal, and took some Tylenol, I felt fine, but doing it was HARD. By evening only a mild headache, and by the next day pretty much back to normal. We all feel a little more secure now. I know it's also some anxiety relief for my daughter, because after losing her father, she worries a lot about something happening to me and Covid made her worried.

. With the numerous injury's just in the trials, and the fact that the vaccine doesn't even prevent you from getting the virus, it only reduces symptoms, it is not at all necessary for us.
I don’t want to debate either. And I respect everyon’s right not to vax. And when someone makes claims about injuries, cases, spread/infection rates they should be more then happy to cite their sources

So please cite your sources as it pertains to the numerous injuries in the trials.....

Millions of doses so far. Again, sources please.

No vaccine for my family for now, it is not necessary as we are all healthy and most of us have gotten covid already anyway. With the numerous injury's just in the trials, and the fact that the vaccine doesn't even prevent you from getting the virus, it only reduces symptoms, it is not at all necessary for us. When we got the virus (even my 70 year old grandparents) it was just like a cold. For us, it just is not worth it whatsoever.
Please state your source for this. We respect everyone right to get or refuse the vaccine but we do not allow inaccurate information. We also do not allow arguments. There are many many places for the this debate a gymnastics forum is not one of them.

Please state your source for this. We respect everyone right to get or refuse the vaccine but we do not allow inaccurate information. We also do not allow arguments. There are many many places for the this debate a gymnastics forum is not one of them.

That is just one of numerous if you want a source, but I get most of my information from "The Highwire" by Del Bigtree, but those are videos so will not put the link here. Again, as I said, for us, as in my family, it is just not necessary. I just stated my point of view and what my personal experience is, not trying to argue at all. Respective of the fact that only 1% of vaccine injurys are reported, my family would rather not take the risk but that is our opinion. You are free to have yours.

A very, very small number of Australian's have had the vaccine. Only those working in hotel quarantine bringing people in from overseas or those directly treating patients. As we don't have any transmission of COVID within the country, but overseas travelers bring it into quarantine.

There have been a few cases of anaphylaxis after vaccination, they are countering it by keeping them for 20 minutes after vaccination to administer an epipen if there is a reaction.

I hope this does not go beyond the boundaries of the rules, but ProudGymnast, your source is not reliable. I can't let this stand because it is not the truth.

1. The database cited involves self-reported injuries. A self-reported injury has not been validated as having anything to do with the vaccine.
2. The claim that only 1% of vaccine injuries are reported is made up out of thin air and I have never seen any properly peer-reviewed study that would support such a claim.
3. Robert Kennedy is a known purveyor of untruths about vaccines.

This is an explanation of how safety is evaluated and monitored in the US for a vaccine granted emergency authorization.

This is an explanation of how vaccines are tested in stages before being approved for general use.

The US does need to update its patchwork reporting system, which is messy, state-based, and relies too heavily on self reports. However, since the beginning of mass vaccine administration, not a single death has been conclusively linked to either Pfizer or Moderna, and the most serious reactions (anaphylaxis) have been at very low rates.

If you don't want to get the vaccine, don't get the vaccine. If you choose to believe individual unvalidated reports of danger and injuries, that is a choice you may make. But if you promote incorrect information and outright lies, do not expect that to go unchallenged.

That is just one of numerous if you want a source, but I get most of my information from "The Highwire" by Del Bigtree, but those are videos so will not put the link here. Again, as I said, for us, as in my family, it is just not necessary. I just stated my point of view and what my personal experience is, not trying to argue at all. Respective of the fact that only 1% of vaccine injurys are reported, my family would rather not take the risk but that is our opinion. You are free to have yours.
Oh Ok I thought you had actual data tied directly to the vaccine. And actual reliable scientific evidence.

And numerous also needs to be looked at in total. Perspective is relative.

Over 300 million doses of vaccines given World wide, over 100 million in the US 7800 injuries reported (of which it is unknown if the are at all related to the vaccine, nor how severe) that’s 0.0078%

181 deaths (of which it is unknown if related to the vaccine) 0.000181 %

Covid cases per John Hopkins
Over 120 million cases worldwide, 2.6 million deaths

US cases 29 million, over 500 thousand deaths for a case fatality rate of 1.8 %

1.8% vs 0.00018%

I hope this does not go beyond the boundaries of the rules, but ProudGymnast, your source is not reliable. I can't let this stand because it is not the truth.

1. The database cited involves self-reported injuries. A self-reported injury has not been validated as having anything to do with the vaccine.
2. The claim that only 1% of vaccine injuries are reported is made up out of thin air and I have never seen any properly peer-reviewed study that would support such a claim.

This is an explanation of how safety is evaluated and monitored in the US for a vaccine granted emergency authorization.

This is an explanation of how vaccines are tested in stages before being approved for general use.

The US does need to update its patchwork reporting system, which is messy, state-based, and relies too heavily on self reports. However, since the beginning of mass vaccine administration, not a single death has been conclusively linked to either Pfizer or Moderna, and the most serious reactions (anaphylaxis) have been at very low rates.

If you don't want to get the vaccine, don't get the vaccine. If you choose to believe individual unvalidated reports of danger and injuries, that is a choice you may make. But if you promote incorrect information and outright lies, do not expect that to go unchallenged.
This a billion times

And this is the coronavirus forum and I posted the thread. JMO. These discussions are very relevant.

How is it gymnastics related?

It relates to getting back to ”normal”. Real meets, hugs and high fives after sticking a landing, going out with gymmie friends to celebrate.

Yes it’s related to gymnastics. for the folks who dont want to discuss perhaps they should skip the spot on CB

This article was interesting, about your Del Bigtree source of "accurate information". Honestly I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who posts such tripe.

This needs to be broken down and addressed:

....that is our opinion. You are free to have yours.

"Opinion" is not a magic word that absolves you of responsibility or shields you from criticism; furthermore, you seem to be attempting some sleight-of-hand here that I'm gonna have to call out.

my family would rather not take the risk

This is a statement of opinion (or close enough, anyway). It isn't objectively true or false. (Note that not all opinions are equally valid and I think this is a flawed and dangerous opinion, but I won't get into that right now)

Respective of the fact that only 1% of vaccine injurys are reported,

This is not a statement of opinion. This is a statement of (alleged) fact; either it is objectively true or it is objectively false. In this case, I'd put my money on it being false, unless you can provide a solid reputable source to corroborate it.

Honestly, you asked for an article and that is what I found. That is NOT where I get my information, as I said I get it from Del Bigtree's "The Highwire" because I have found that he has accurate information, from study's that are made by reliable sources. I did not feel the need to send a link to a video because you would have to dig through them to find the segments about vaccines.

When "reliable" sources collide with eachother you really have to dig deep and look at background, who has the actual interest of the health of the people in mind, etc which I have had to do with covid.

This needs to be broken down and addressed:

"Opinion" is not a magic word that absolves you of responsibility or shields you from criticism; furthermore, you seem to be attempting some sleight-of-hand here that I'm gonna have to call out.

This is a statement of opinion (or close enough, anyway). It isn't objectively true or false. (Note that not all opinions are equally valid and I think this is a flawed and dangerous opinion, but I won't get into that right now)

This is not a statement of opinion. This is a statement of (alleged) fact; either it is objectively true or it is objectively false. In this case, I'd put my money on it being false, unless you can provide a solid reputable source to corroborate it.
Instead of saying "this is our opinion", I will say "This is our truth," because my family will not be getting a vaccine for covid, especially not until studies of long term effects come out. You can get the vaccine if you feel its best for you, thats the thought I was trying to convey.

It's a dangerous, slippery slope you go down when you say that one opinion is not as "valid" as the other. If you think my '"truth" I will say is "flawed and dangerous", that is why your truth looks a little different then mine, and why mine looks a little different then yours. And considering that we have already gotten covid, there IS risks for the vaccine, and it doesn't even prevent you from getting covid, ( https://www.healthline.com/health-n...covid-19-after-getting-a-vaccine-what-to-know) we will not be getting the vaccine.

And I get my information from the Highwire by Del Bigtree if you want to fact check me.

I do not wish to debate anymore, because even with differing opinions, no one is going to think anything different, and we all have the same end goal in mind: To get back to normal.
It relates to getting back to ”normal”. Real meets, hugs and high fives after sticking a landing, going out with gymmie friends to celebrate.
To get back to those things and more!

If you want my sources I happily provide though.

Honestly, you asked for an article and that is what I found. That is NOT where I get my information, as I said I get it from Del Bigtree's "The Highwire" because I have found that he has accurate information, from study's that are made by reliable sources. I did not feel the need to send a link to a video because you would have to dig through them to find the segments about vaccines.

If you want my sources I happily provide though.

If you have other, more reliable sources, I would love to see them. I do a lot of reading on vaccines, so love more. HOwever, a noted anti-vaccination site is not going to be reliable and unbiased on the subject of vaccines. Do you have others than the 2 you have shared? Both of those are written by noted anti-vaccination sources.

If you have other, more reliable sources, I would love to see them. I do a lot of reading on vaccines, so love more. However, a noted anti-vaccination site and sources are not going to be reliable and unbiased on the subject of vaccines. Do you have others than the 2 you have shared?

If you have other, more reliable sources, I would love to see them. I do a lot of reading on vaccines, so love more. HOwever, a noted anti-vaccination site is not going to be reliable and unbiased on the subject of vaccines. Do you have others than the 2 you have shared? Both of those are written by noted anti-vaccination sources.
Me too, I like being informed on things that I am putting in my body. And yes, I agree, on usual terms a site that is extreme one way is not going to be reliable, however this is a collection of weekly videos that re-quote studys and even Fauci himself. They don't conduct the studys or make up information, they just gather the information for you to have in all one place. I like to balance out my research so I read the CDC's website to, and I have found "The Highwire" as my most reliable, not contradictory source because they just gather the information from reliable sources.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back