So now that the vax is a reality who will be getting.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So who will be getting the vax.

• We will, whole family as we are approved

Votes: 96 76.8%
  • None of us will

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Some will (feel free to elaborate via post)

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
Second dose on Sunday. No real side effects except slighly sore arm (much less than first one) and slight aches here and there between 12-24 hours. Not enough to feel sick, but just a bit "off". After 24 hours felt perfectly fine. Good luck whatever everyone decides. Keep being vigilant and safe!!

Why encourage any level of laxity?.
I did not encourage being lax. I am not lax at all. As a laboratory scientis, I’m trained to be careful.

I said there was no need to over do it. As do the “experts”.

Everyone is free to do what they want, including over doing it.

So happy! My dad just got his 2nd shot yesterday. I just called him to see how he's feeling. His arm was sore last night (but that's it) and he feels great today . . . headed out to play pickleball! This was way easier than shingles vaccine for him.

Now I just wish my mom and stepfather could get an appointment so they can get theirs. Still no luck and desperately want to see them. (The good news about virtual meets of course is that my mom has been able to at least watch my daughter compete and that makes her happy!)

My younger daughter and I are going for our first dose tomorrow. Our state hasn’t gotten to our priority group yet, but a rural vaccine spot was reaching out to get anyone with underlying health conditions in today and tomorrow before they had to waste vaccines that would expire later this week. We jumped on it. My mom and both my husband’s parents could get vaccinated now, but none of them will, unfortunately.

My mom and both my husband’s parents could get vaccinated now, but none of them will, unfortunately.
My 90 yrold aunt, 30 yrs with a heart transplant, told her transplant team, she isn’t getting vaxed.

Breaks my heart and she is entitled to say no. Even the transplant team didn’t argue.

My 90 yrold aunt, 30 yrs with a heart transplant, told her transplant team, she isn’t getting vaxed.

Breaks my heart and she is entitled to say no. Even the transplant team didn’t argue.
I really don’t understand people, but I also know I won’t change their minds. My mom is obese and has copd and diabetes. My fil has had four heart surgeries and has diabetes and is also obese. I wish they understood what a gift a vaccine is. I am so excited that my daughter and I are getting vaccinated, but I wish it weren’t because other people who should be before us are refusing.

Anyone have side effect anecdotes for J&J?
My Dad and his partner got J&J yesterday. They are both in their early 70s, but in excellent health (just for context). My dad had chills and felt kind of flu-ey all night, and is fuzzy headed and feeling a bit under the weather today. His partner has had zero side effects. Their friends had a similar situation where one of them had zero side effects and the other felt slightly flu-ey for about 24 hours.

I really don’t understand people, but I also know I won’t change their minds. My mom is obese and has copd and diabetes. My fil has had four heart surgeries and has diabetes and is also obese. I wish they understood what a gift a vaccine is. I am so excited that my daughter and I are getting vaccinated, but I wish it weren’t because other people who should be before us are refusing.
My Aunt is on track to be the oldest/longest living female heart transplant patien. She’ll be 91 in June and that would be the record. She has lived through a ton of hardship. She drives, she paints, she rocks. lost her husband 2 yrs ago.

Her life, her decision. We know we are borrowed time with her at this point. What breaks my heart is if she ends up in the hospital for whatever we wouldn’t be able to visit. Or give her a proper service and burial when that time comes.

If you want it you should get it and if not then you shouldn't, that's the America I knew. However, it seems that as the scare tactics are losing some of their effectiveness stronger measures are being implemented and considered. We now have the the 'no jab, no job' policy, travel restrictions, paid Covid shots, Covid cards, etc. A very dangerous and slippery slope in my opinion. What happened to 'my body, my choice' that everyone likes to talk about? Shouldn't it apply here as well?
I know seven people that have gotten at least one dose of the vaccine and had 'mild' to emergency room reactions to it. I also know dozens of people that have had Covid. From what I've witnessed, I'd rather have the real deal. To use the world's population as a gigantic laboratory experiment seems like something out of a science fiction story. One of my many concerns is that roughly a third of all people that get Covid end up with Long Haulers Disease. Not much is known about it at this time, but it is believed to be caused by the bodies immune system not 'standing down' after the virus is gone and destroying itself. So what is to say that the immune response caused by the vaccine won't due the very same thing? And yes I understand the differences with a mRNA vaccine.
I'm truly happy for the people that wanted and got a vaccine, I support that 100%. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that those people support those of us that would rather not get one for numerous reasons. I wish everyone the very best whatever their choice may be.

. Not much is known about it at this time, but it is believed to be caused by the bodies immune system not 'standing down' after the virus is gone and destroying itself. So what is to say that the immune response caused by the vaccine won't due the very same thing? be.I respect everyone’s choice not to vax

The vaccine doesn’t cause the hyper immune response that the virus does. And multi system assault that the virus does. You can’t compare the 2.

I absolutely respect and believe everyone should have the choice to vax or not.

JMO People have the luxury of choosing not to vax Because most people do. They have never seen the serious long term side effects of other viruses because those viruses are rare because most people chose to vax.

And choices have consequences. Here In NY you are free not to vax your child. And that choice means you home school. Because vaxes are required to go to a brick and mortar school. Many employers require vaxes for employment. Not new. All choices have consequences.

J & J vaccine reaction report: I had 48 hours of 102-degree fever, nausea, and the worst headache I’ve ever experienced. During the worst of it I was glad to know it would not last more than a couple of days. It redoubled my commitment to keep my daughter home until she is vaccinated, and to continue with sensible precautions even afterwards until community spread is under control because the vaccines don’t provide 100% protection and are probably less effective against the variants than they were in the initial trials. There is no way I would want her to go through the real thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back