So now that the vax is a reality who will be getting.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So who will be getting the vax.

• We will, whole family as we are approved

Votes: 96 76.8%
  • None of us will

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Some will (feel free to elaborate via post)

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
Are the using Astrazenica I’m the US?

They were going to use it as the main vaccine here, but now it’s been reviewed and they are no longer recommending it.

Are the using Astrazenica I’m the US?

They were going to use it as the main vaccine here, but now it’s been reviewed and they are no longer recommending it.

They have such a mountain of available vaccines that they really do not even need to consider it. I also understand that they currently cannot "give away" vaccines, due to contracts, so they have been "lending" doses to other countries that must be "paid back". Hopefully they can modify those sales agreements, because the rest of the world sure needs help to get vaccinated.

My wife is getting the J&J shot this Sunday!

She's immune compromised, so I've spent the last year worrying that I could accidentally get her killed just by breathing in the wrong place whenever I'm out. Her finally getting the vax feels like a huge sigh of relief for me.

(Still no word on when I'll be able to get mine)

Husband just got his first shot! My parents (in their 70s) get their 2nd shot in a few days, and my 2nd shot is in a week. Now I just need my in-laws to get vaccinated, which they are planning to do as soon as it’s available. We have been lucky health wise and no one has gotten COVID; we are unlucky on the economic side, as our industry has not yet recovered and we are still unemployed. Between anxiety about getting sick and anxiety about paying the bills, this has been the most stressful time of our lives. Thrilled that effective vaccines are available! I can’t imagine where everyone would be without them. I don’t think I could handle another year of this.

My wife is getting the J&J shot this Sunday!

She's immune compromised, so I've spent the last year worrying that I could accidentally get her killed just by breathing in the wrong place whenever I'm out. Her finally getting the vax feels like a huge sigh of relief for me.

(Still no word on when I'll be able to get mine)
She's now fully vaccinated, and I'm getting my first shot tomorrow!

First shot done Monday (moderna) for me and Hubby! Most painful vaccine I’ve received (cannot compare to shingles vax for a long while) with pain at the injection site for several hours but still worth it. Arm was sore and overall felt a bit off that day, but woke up feeling normal yesterday (except for arm soreness).

Hubby did not experience what I did and felt fine other than a mild metallic taste day of. Says it feels like he’s coming down with the flu yesterday and today. Hubby had mild case of COVID a little over 90 days ago. (No one else in the family contracted it.)

Oldest (12) will receive Pfizer vaccine as soon as it’s cleared for her age - her best friend is currently in the study.

Gymmie is 9 so obviously no vaccine for her yet...

Hoping that these vaccines will give enough protection to avoid hospitalizations long term. If they can do that, there should be no need for boosters.
What’s the connection between hospitalization and boosters?

Immune response wanes boosters are needed. Might be needed for different strains/variants..... nothing to do with hospitalization

What’s the connection between hospitalization and boosters?

Immune response wanes boosters are needed. Might be needed for different strains/variants..... nothing to do with hospitalization
The whole point of the covid vaccines was to reduce severe illness resulting in hospitalizations and deaths. If the current vaccines have a wide enough range to keep down serious illness (hospitalizations) with future variants, there will be no need for boosters. Or possibly only boosters needed for a subsection of the population who are known to develop less immune response to the initial doses (elderly, immune suppressed).

The whole point of the covid vaccines was to reduce severe illness resulting in hospitalizations and deaths. If the current vaccines have a wide enough range to keep down serious illness (hospitalizations) with future variants, there will be no need for boosters. Or possibly only boosters needed for a subsection of the population who are known to develop less immune response to the initial doses (elderly, immune suppressed).
So you know how long the current vaxes immune response lasts? Because how long the immune response lasts determines how serious the illness is. Please cite your source. I’m very interested to see it.

I didn’t think even the manufacturers are there yet. Pfizer has even said a booster will likely be needed at 12 months.

So you know how long the current vaxes immune response lasts? Because how long the immune response lasts determines how serious the illness is. Please cite your source. I’m very interested to see it.

I didn’t think even the manufacturers are there yet. Pfizer has even said a booster will likely be needed at 12 months.

Just to reference my original comment: I said "Hoping that these vaccines will give enough protection to avoid hospitalizations long term. If they can do that, there should be no need for boosters." I also was the one who posted the article about Pfizer indicating the potential need for a 12 month booster. My additional comment was based on hoping that wouldn't be necessary. I never said there was data saying this was the case - merely that I hope in time they find that the original shots will provide enough immunity as to protect individuals from serious illness.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back