So now that the vax is a reality who will be getting.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So who will be getting the vax.

• We will, whole family as we are approved

Votes: 96 76.8%
  • None of us will

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Some will (feel free to elaborate via post)

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
Puma Jr just got hers! I’m doing my older daughter’s on Saturday. My store is getting our first Pfizer shipment tomorrow (we‘ve only had Moderna and J&J), but since Puma Jr doesn’t have practice tonight but does tomorrow and Saturday she wanted it tonight. So I took her to my competitor across the street Lol

Tinker Bell is getting hers this afternoon. We could have done it yesterday, but I thought it would be better to put both shots on Fridays so she wouldn’t miss school for any side effects. I was pleasantly surprised that pharmacies opened up appointment scheduling within hours of the announcement and that our school system scheduled clinics next week.

We are starting to realize all the things she will be able to do this summer and it’s amazing. Gymnastics! In-person classes! Having vaccinated friends over! Trying on shoes in an actual store! College tours! Best of all, Grandma is coming to visit.

My son and his GF went to a walk in clinic at 5am Thursday and got the Pfizer, they were beyond happy, as was I. Oldert DD managed to get an appointment at a pharmacy tomorrow, likely will get Moderna there, her BF will get his on Wednesday. SO by that day we will all have had out first shot.

Quebec is blazing ahead, after a very slow start with a supply chain issue. We are now comparable with the US and UK with first vaccine's received. But for second vaccines we are a long way behind.

I got my first vaccination this morning. It is a good feeling.

The rollout has been slow here in Australia. Lot of eligible people (over 50) are refusing the readily available vaccine (Astra Zeneca). And younger eligible people (serious health issues or workers in specified industries), who are supposed to take the pfizer, are not able to access it easily because we have very low supplies. I don’t think our rollout will go far until either a massive covid outbreak makes the Astra Zeneca look more appealing, or our pfizer/moderna orders are filled late this year or early next year.

DD got her first vaccine this morning! My husband is fully vaccinated and I finally got my first vaccine last week. I've had to wait longer than I wanted due to some procedures I recently had that delayed me from the vaccine a bit. But we are on our way in my family.

My brother got the J&J yesterday. I will get my 2nd dose of pfizer next Friday. Our sister that lives with us is following medical advice and not getting vaccinated at this point.
My parents and youngest sister (the part of the family that we see most often) are all fully vaccinated.

Quebec moving second vaccinations forward. So looks like hubby and I will be getting ours this week. We are both very pleased, him Moderna and me AZ.
how long did you have to wait for the second dose? I have been hearing that in Europe they are spacing the shots out much further apart than in the US and studies are showing an increase in immune response, particularly in the elderly population.

how long did you have to wait for the second dose? I have been hearing that in Europe they are spacing the shots out much further apart than in the US and studies are showing an increase in immune response, particularly in the elderly population.
In the US it’s 4 weeks between doses for Moderna and 3 weeks for Pfizer but that’s the minimum. I’m not sure what the max is....

Originally they said 16 weeks, that is when our next appointments are booked for, but supply has picked up enough that mine will be 8 weeks, hubby 9.

We are seeing very little hesitancy here, so people are still super eager to get done. They think at least 75% of the population will be fully vaccinated by
mid August in Quebec. Currently 90% of the 60+ age groups have had at least one vaccine.

The immune response of Pfizer and AZ has seen to be improved with a longer gap. BUt I think there is an upper limit of around 12 weeks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back