So now that the vax is a reality who will be getting.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So who will be getting the vax.

• We will, whole family as we are approved

Votes: 96 76.8%
  • None of us will

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Some will (feel free to elaborate via post)

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
The “increased” rates of heart issues is statistically insignificant.
We don't know this yet because they do not have enough data. They can only go by the the cases that have been reported. Initially there were only a few known cases - the most severe. Now there are hundreds and one must question if many are going undetected. The fact that they are looking into this more closely shows that they are concerned. Of course, The results of the investigation likely is going to find that the benefits outweigh the risks for the population as a whole.

We don't know this yet because they do not have enough data. They can only go by the the cases that have been reported. Initially there were only a few known cases - the most severe. Now there are hundreds and one must question if many are going undetected. The fact that they are looking into this more closely shows that they are concerned. Of course, The results of the investigation likely is going to find that the benefits outweigh the risks for the population as a whole.
They are looking closely and still going forward. Enough to look. Statistically still very low incidence. And undetected would indicate not a problem.

He's 17. We did give him the choice for the first one (his twin sister is opting to wait- she for sure had Covid in November.) It's just a little harder for him to weigh the risk/benefit with the new information. I think we will at least wait and see what the CDC says after meeting. As I mentioned he already has similar symptoms from anxiety which makes watching him closely for symptoms challenging. We can't be running into the doctor every other day from chest tightness.

They are looking closely and still going forward. Enough to look. Statistically still very low incidence. And undetected would indicate not a problem.
Saw on ABC World Tonight, so take that source as you will, 323 confirmed cases out of 29 million vaxes…….. 0.0011 percent. Most cases easily resolve.

The inflammation from the vaccine is probably related to MIS-C that results in some children (rare) following infection. Not much is known about the how’s and why’s, but the doctors at the children’s hospital were concerned about it. My son was admitted to the hospital Covid pneumonia back in December. When he was discharged, the doctors made sure that I was aware of the symptoms of MIS-C and monitor him for symptoms everyday for 8 weeks. He received 3 doses of Remdisivir (5 is the recommended) & had to get kidney and liver function tests every 2 weeks for 8 weeks. He will be getting the vaccine. I plan on taking all my children (15-17) the week of the 4th as we are all off work, gym, etc.

Saw on ABC World Tonight, so take that source as you will, 323 confirmed cases out of 29 million vaxes…….. 0.0011 percent. Most cases easily resolve.

Significantly higher number of cases. Most happening after the second dose so we will are only just beginning to see the true numbers. Still a very small portion that will be affected, for sure, but something to consider and watch for. CNBC is misleading in using total number of vaccines (300mil) when figuring their numbers, since the great majority of cases are in people under 30.

This is from that article and helped me:
Men under 30 make up the bulk of the cases, the CDC said, and most cases appear to be mild. Of the 295 people who have developed the condition and have been discharged, 79% of them have fully recovered, according to the presentation. Nine people were hospitalized, with two in intensive care as of June 11, according to the agency.

Also in there it mentioned that you were more than twice as likely to develop myocarditis after Moderna as Pfizer.
“This is still a rare event,” Dr. Tom Shimabukuro said at the meeting. For both vaccines combined, there were 12.6 heart inflammation cases per million doses. The cases were more frequent among Moderna’s vaccine recipients at 19.8 cases per million versus eight cases per million for Pfizer’s, he said.

And since myocarditis is also known to be caused by covid infection...

I'm feeling pretty confident about vaccinating DD (11). I still have about a month though so I'll keep watching the news to see if anything more concerning pops up as most of these kids get their second dose.

Significantly higher number of cases. Most happening after the second dose so we will are only just beginning to see the true numbers. Still a very small portion that will be affected, for sure, but something to consider and watch for. CNBC is misleading in using total number of vaccines (300mil) when figuring their numbers, since the great majority of cases are in people under 30.
Again that’s 0.0012 % with nearly all resolving with minimal issues. JMO not significant.

for perspective

@txgymfan PLEASE take down the misinformation. Here is enough evidence to disprove the false claims.

Obviously @Ken1978 doesn't know how VAERS works. It's not conclusive data and us used to identify patters that warrant further investigation and study. https://vaers.hhs.gov/about.html And here is a fact check on the bogus deaths claim he made. https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-vaers-12000-idUSL1N2P21DB

Hank Aaron died of natural causes: https://www.factcheck.org/2021/01/scicheck-hank-aarons-death-attributed-to-natural-causes/

Eric Clapton had the AstraZeneca vaccine which is not an Mrna vaccine (it's more traditional) And it's not available in the US. So comparing apples to oranges. https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2021-05-17/eric-clapton-astrazeneca-vaccine

Also, while you can get and spread the delta variant of covid when vaccinated, you are less likely to get symptomatic disease (ie be contagious) possibly up to 88% of the time. https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-things-to-know-delta-variant-covid. With time it seems to decrease, but still is well above 50% of the time. https://www.reuters.com/business/he...accine-efficacy-wanes-under-delta-2021-08-18/

Also, it greatly reduces hospitalization rates which is NOT just self protection. For example, people are having cancer surgeries canceled because of hospitals being overrun by covid patients. So cancer patiens are now being forced to possibly die or have a bigger battle with their cancer due to the unvaccinated. https://www.businessinsider.com/can...celed-amid-covid-surge-hospital-crisis-2021-8. And that's just one of example of non-covid patients being impacted by others choosing to not get the vaccine.

Resident pharmacist here….I don’t even know where to start. First of all, I fully admit that I am just a retail pharmacist, but one who tries to read multiple sources to help answer people‘s questions and make decisions for my family. I’m not a scientist nor an expert on Covid-19. But I trust the opinions of those who are. Please read Dahlia‘s post above. She sums up many of my thoughts on Ken1978’s post. I will add a few things. The ACIP does not recommend aspiration. There are not large blood vessels in the deltoid where the injection should be given. Also, please be very careful stating your theories as if they are backed up by science. Like Moderna being safer. Or it being more dangerous to be around vaccinated people. Or throwing random numbers out there about how many people you think died from the vaccine. Or how certain celebrities died. Or that the vaccine didn’t properly survive and have efficacy. You cannot back any of this up, and it’s dangerous to say these things as if they have been proven true. And PLEASE do not encourage the use of ivermectin. There are zero creditable studies showing the benefit outweighs the risk. It can be toxic. I think it’s great that we can discuss different theories or opinions, but it’s important that when dealing with something as serious as a global pandemic that we are careful not to spread dangerous misinformation. I implore everyone to research multiple, reliable sources and ask questions to trusted experts when making health decisions for themselves and their family, as well as decisions that affect others. I think we all want the same thing-for this pandemic to be under control and to get back to normal.

As long as we quash any and all dissent.

Every death due to vaccines is on your conscience. Every death as a result of suppression of ivermectin is on your conscience. All of the information I listed can be verified by any person that cares, at all, to research. Keep drinking that koolaid and enjoy your infinite booster shots.
This is long - apologies in advance.

I have worked in public health since 2003. I'm also a former RN who specifically worked as an immunization/public health nurse. My background is in microbiology and infectious disease epidemiology.

I purposely try to keep my comments on this thread to a minimum. While I find fault with some of the information in Ken's previous post, what concerns me most is that he and so many others are convinced that "the government" is purposely trying to suppress valuable information about COVID. I cannot speak to the intentions of every scientist and high-level COVID SME out there, obviously. However, in my long experience in public health, I can say that I have worked with the most selfless, intelligent, and determined among us. It's called *public* health for good reason - the goal is to ensure the best health possible for as many people as possible. There are well-organized studies underway to determine if ivermectin and other drugs can be safely used to prevent/treat COVID in countries with limited access to vaccines. This is not something that "the government" is trying to sweep under the rug. The science needs to be sound, as it is in regards to the current vaccines.

I understand mistrust related to science. I'm a Black woman who has worked with people who helped right the wrongs revealed about the Tuskegee Study. However, in this age of normalized misinformation, I hope that people will realize that the ultimate goal is to END this pandemic, and make sure people are as healthy and safe as possible. Taking unknown doses of drugs for off-label purposes (COVID treatment) is just not safe right now.

Every death due to vaccines is on your conscience. Every death as a result of suppression of ivermectin is on your conscience. All of the information I listed can be verified by any person that cares, at all, to research. Keep drinking that koolaid and enjoy your infinite booster shots.
I welcome dissent. I have many friends and acquaintances with very different opinions than me on various subjects. I check in on different news sources across the spectrum or try to seek out articles that I don‘t agree with. I think it’s good to check ourselves and be open minded. You are absolutely right that its important to not drink the koolaid or get brainwashed. We all have to decide what we believe. I choose to trust the scientists and experts doing studies at reputable universities and organizations across the world, not tabloids and FB groups. The only thing that I will quash is conspiracy theories and dangerous misinformation. Holding my tongue to that would be what would bother my conscience as a health care professional and as a human. Will I feel terrible if 5 years from now they find out the vaccine that I have told people (only those who have asked my opinion)to trust has awful long term side effects? Omg yes! I injected the Pfizer vaccine into my child myself. A thousand terrible thoughts went though my head…is this really ok? Will she be infertile? heart issues? blood clots? worse….? But….I believe the benefit far, far outweighs the risk. The vast majority of legitimate scientists/doctors/experts believe that the long term effects of having Covid are much, much more likely to be harmful than from receiving the vaccine. I cannot imagine the US government would mandate a vaccine that would be dangerous to our military. Experts far wiser than me have clearly decided that they believe the risk of them getting sick/disabled/dying from covid is far greater than from the vaccine. So this is what I am trusting in? Of course I don’t know 100% if this is the right call, but who does? Information is ever changing as well. The information we have right now shows that ivermectin is more likely to be harmful than helpful. Oxford University has a study about it right now, so I’ll keep an eye on that. Same with boosters. At this point I plan on getting mine when I’m due in October. But I certainly am currently trying to read all I can about that as well. I am happy to publicly or privately chat about any of this, but I do ask that we are all respectful in our responses.

This should NOT be allowed on this gymnastics forum. Period. Signed, you local resident Infectious Disease physician

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back