So the kip fairies finally made it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Congrats to Bitty for making her decision. I think she is going to have a really fun and great year. Her routines sound like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see them all! Especially her floor and what music she gets.

Our 1st is Georgetown. I was talking to an Oshawa mom recently, and I think Gemini is going, so Bean will face some of the stiffest competition of the season at her 1st meet! Boy those girls are coached to perfection!

Oh yes Gemini are amazing. T competed against them at Gymnix one year, we were blown away by their skills and polish. Your gym is building a nice reputation for producing great gymnasts too, and I know it's a new club. East York was another stand out club that we saw at Gymnix.

Congrats to Bitty Bog on her new kip! I love how her decision reflected the leo choice. At states last year DD picked which gym she would like to train at if we moved to that city. I asked her why she would pick that gym. She said that they had the sparkliest leos!

Way to go BBB !!! That is so awesome. I just love when they pick up that skill they have been trying so hard to get !

If I had Bern able to post earlier I would have said go for P2 as well !

Congrats to her!! I say move her up--if she isn't able to work harder skills, she'll lose them and get bored.

Sounds like her skills are similar to level 6 here--at least the way I read it. I'm sure she'll have a great year :).

Sounds like her skills are similar to level 6 here--at least the way I read it. I'm sure she'll have a great year :).

Our P2 is kind of between L5 and L6, we have required skills and then there are bonus skills they can add on if they have them. BB will be at the lower end skill wise, but she knows that basic skills executed well can do better than a routine packed with ugly bonus skills. This is the first year that they have put the kip in as a required skill not as a bonus. Which is why getting the kip became a big thing all of a sudden.

Our P2 is kind of between L5 and L6, we have required skills and then there are bonus skills they can add on if they have them. BB will be at the lower end skill wise, but she knows that basic skills executed well can do better than a routine packed with ugly bonus skills. This is the first year that they have put the kip in as a required skill not as a bonus. Which is why getting the kip became a big thing all of a sudden.

This is very true! Some of our level 8 girls last year scored higher competing a front handspring on vault than those girls that did a tuck tsuk (and did it badly).

I too would like to pass along my congrats - I remember how long S worked on that kip before she finally got it... and then HC didn't let her compete it even though it was a required skill for the level she was competing (??!! old history). Anyway I'm sure she will get more out of competitng P2, and from what I saw at Gymnix last year there is quite a range within P2 so nowhere to go but forward for her!

I too would like to pass along my congrats - I remember how long S worked on that kip before she finally got it... and then HC didn't let her compete it even though it was a required skill for the level she was competing (??!! old history). Anyway I'm sure she will get more out of competitng P2, and from what I saw at Gymnix last year there is quite a range within P2 so nowhere to go but forward for her!

I think the new P2 guidelines will mean there will be less of that huge range now. A kip is required now, wasn't before, and on floor the tumbling requirements have been lowered.

I know it is a challenge for the Ontraio clubs that come to Gymnix as L5 is weaker on bars but stronger on the beam and floor. Not sure how it will work next year.

I am thinking BBB's kip will not be beautiful for a while yet, but if they all have to do it then it's fine to compete it.

Thanks for the kind words.

So excited for BB and her decision to compete P2! Good luck to her and tell her congrats one more time on getting her kip!

Most girls who are competing kips for the first time aren't going to be looking that great doing them. But it's great experience and it will just keep getting better with more practice. Sounds like it should be a fun year for BBB with fun new skills, time to work on new ones, and more hours at the gym. Congrats to her for not giving up on that kip even when it got down to the wire, I'm sure she was getting frustrated as the deadline kept getting closer and closer.
I hope she has a great year at P2, be sure to post vids of the new routines!

Yea To Bitty Bog and her newly aquired Kip!!

just a word of advice, Keep the fairy for a while... as you know that kip is a fickle skill it comes and goes!

I think the move up to P2 was a great decision.. How fun to have the sparkliest leo's! :)

Yea To Bitty Bog and her newly aquired Kip!!

just a word of advice, Keep the fairy for a while... as you know that kip is a fickle skill it comes and goes!

I think the move up to P2 was a great decision.. How fun to have the sparkliest leo's! :)

Oh gosh don't I know it. She got it once a year ago, then they slacked off working it as comp season came and they only train few hours. She has had it twice this week, but it was gone again by Friday and Saturday practice. I am saying nothing, it will come again I imagine.

Holy cow. How did I miss this thread? COngrats to BBB. And I agree with the others that she should go P2 for sure!! Who doesn't love a good challenge?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back