So what’s happening?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Younger GB squad gymnasts are now training, but I wonder if a lot of it is kept quiet because obviously people who fall just the wrong side of the line are going to be upset.

I've not seen any mention of pits being used or spotting. Stop it with your getting our hopes up!! :)
Ah, I wondered if any younger ones were training. Is it just down to espoirs or all the way down to level 4/3?

I've never really understood keeping it quiet to avoid upset, because tbh it's going to be pretty obvious at the next competitions who has been able to train and who hasn't anyway, especially as they presumably are allowed physical support too!

I really hope this is the last time it's all relevant anyway! And I think for gymnastics to survive, they need to bring back physical support asap. Even my rec gymnast is desperate to learn certain moves and maybe won't see the point in continuing if she can't get the support to learn them. (She isn't brave enough to try them without support first, and I'm sure she's not the only one ) And my competitive gymnast is at the point where she really needs pit or support for the next set of skills...

I hate all the uncertainty (and yes, I know it can't be helped but that doesn't make it easier!)

As far as I know compulsory level gymnasts are not training. Only espoir age and above GB squad named gymnasts.

Compulsory 2 and 1 in June has been sensibly cancelled now. Obviously that couldn't run as 12th April reopening date too close to it really for gymnasts to prepare safely. Much more sensible to aim for the October one instead.

As far as I know compulsory level gymnasts are not training. Only espoir age and above GB squad named gymnasts.

Compulsory 2 and 1 in June has been sensibly cancelled now. Obviously that couldn't run as 12th April reopening date too close to it really for gymnasts to prepare safely. Much more sensible to aim for the October one instead.
Yes, June would be too soon. Fingers crossed for October!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back