Off Topic social group names mystery

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For privacy reasons... members of social groups are no longer visible unless you are a member of the group.

"Open" groups will have the "Join Social Group" button. If the button is not available... then the groups is closed to new requests and you must be invited by someone.

View attachment 7213
Ok. So photography, optional parents L6/L7, optional parents L8/L9, homeschooling group, etc are all closed to new members?

I'm thinking maybe the moderators (at least in some cases) don't even realize that the groups are closed....

Reactions: JBS
Ok. So photography, optional parents L6/L7, optional parents L8/L9, homeschooling group, etc are all closed to new members?

Correct.

I'm thinking maybe the moderators (at least in some cases) don't even realize that the groups are closed....

This would be my guess... try asking some of them to check that little "Open" box.

That is actually a valid question. If someone’s child gets to level 6, I am sure they would be excited to join the entry to optionals group. FWIW I didn’t even know that group was closed, and I am a member, lol!
Yeah, this is what I see. I can understand the member list being private, but doesn't seem unreasonable to ask the mod of a group to put their name out there.

Attachments

• IMG_0329.PNG
    IMG_0329.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
@JBS Now parents are messaging me to ask who the mods of the various social groups are. S then I have to go and look and message them back!

@bogwoppit Some of the mods of the social groups do not want everyone to know who they are.

Ok... got it figured out... only the original creator of the social group can change it to "Open". Which social groups are in question that people think are mistakenly marked to "Closed" besides the ones already mentioned?

What about the L8/9 group... should that be open too?

There are now two categories of social groups...
  • Social Groups
    • Joinable with the "Join Social Group" button... social group mods must approve you
    • If no button... moderators are visible so you can message them to ask
  • Private (Invite Only) Social Groups
    • These are hidden so you can't even see them if you aren't a member

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News