Software for designing gym layouts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My gym is planning a major expansion and i was just wondering what software any of you guys use to help design your gyms layouts

I don't actually have a gym, but I spent a lot of time designing dream gyms! I used a home design software (mine was Planix Home Design, though I got it back in the 90s!) and it allowed you to create symbols, so I created ones for each piece of equipment as well as different sized mats, etc (to scale) and planned the layouts like that.

~Katy

If you go on the gymnova website, at the bottom they have software to design your own gym.
Hope that helps :)

Give this a try: Create your gymnasium in 3D. - Gymnova

You can download all of the bits of equipment as furniture, including raised pits, bars, beam, vault, tumble tracks (trampoline and cork), sprung floors, rhythmic gymnastics floors, crash mats, vaults, trampolines, trampettes, spring boards etc)

It takes a while, but you can view it in virtual mode and choose the wall colours and everything

Designing a gym

I once had two or three programs for designing gyms, and I found this site while looking for them. Now, I have Sketchup, and it has some of the features I once had, but it's much too slow for me. Of course, it could be that I am not using it correctly; if so, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the subject. As I remember, the program that I used to use had the tool icons in a sidebar from where they could easily be dragged into the gym room. If I'm right, Sketchup requires you to find an icon (not many of them) and then download it. This is a very cumbersome and time-consuming process. If there's a better way to use Sketchup, please let me know. By the way, I know about 3D warehouse, but I still have the same problems.

Contact any major gymnastics equipment retailer and give them your gym dimensions. You could probably give them an idea of your current layout and they will design a layout for you on their program.

Designing a Gym

I once had two or three programs for designing gyms, and I found this site while looking for them. Now, I have Sketchup, and it has some of the features I once had, but it's much too slow for me.
Of course, it could be that I am not using it correctly; if so, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the subject. As I remember, the program that I used to use had the tool icons in a sidebar from where they could easily be dragged into the gym room. If I'm right, Sketchup requires you to find an icon (not many of them) and then download it. This is a very cumbersome and time-consuming process. If there's a better way to use Sketchup, please let me know. By the way, I know about 3D warehouse, but I still have the same problems.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back