Parents Some good news

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

TeamDad

We had a parent/teacher conference with the faculty at DD's ballet school and they informed us that she's doing well and will be asked to return in the fall as a division 4 (level 4). They also told us that they have been very impressed with dd's focus, discipline and hard work this year....habits I believe she developed through gymnastics.

We don't get much feedback during the year, so it's nice to hear she's doing well.:)

Also, DD got the part as the acrobat in Pagliacci. She is really excited, opening night is tonight. Here's a few proofs from the final dress rehearsal.

teamdad-albums-2008-09-l6-picture1623-p7.jpg
teamdad-albums-2008-09-l6-picture1624-p8.jpg
teamdad-albums-2008-09-l6-picture1625-p9.jpg
teamdad-albums-2008-09-l6-picture1626-p2.jpg
teamdad-albums-2008-09-l6-picture1627-p3.jpg

That is great news!!!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful and talented DD with us. :) I loved the pics from the rehearsal. Wow! She is amazing.

That is so awesome!! Great news!! Those pics are beautiful! I'm sure that the gymnastics has helped her ballet in the area of focus, dedication and hard work!! I think that her ballet and gymnastics beautifully compliment each other!!

On a side note--at the dance studio where my dd takes ballet, I often stay and watch for a bit and I get to see the Jr and Sr companies practicing--they are all sooo good! If Dani wasn't doing gymnastics, then for sure she would be doing dance. She is not the most coordinated when it comes to ball sports, so softball, lacrosse, soccer and volleyball are kinda out of the question!!

Thanks for sharing those gorgeous pics--your dd is simply lovely!

Holay huge picture Batman!!! She looks lovely and that is some wonderful feedback, it is so nice when our feelings about our children are echoed by impartial people! Good luck for the performances.

She's a little nervous:eek: If you've ever wondered what it looks like from the other side....

MetStage.272123905_std.jpg

She's a little nervous:eek: If you've ever wondered what it looks like from the other side....

MetStage.272123905_std.jpg

WHOA!!! That's crazy!!! And I thought National Cheer competitions were big!!! That is so awesome!!! What a great experience for her!!! Good luck! I'd say "break a leg" but she needs her legs for her next gymnastics meet!!!

If Dani wasn't doing gymnastics, then for sure she would be doing dance. She is not the most coordinated when it comes to ball sports, so softball, lacrosse, soccer and volleyball are kinda out of the question!!

Ha! Funny you mention ball sports:eek: DD isn't the most co-ordinated when it comes to ball sports either. She was in The Queen of Spades earlier this year and she had to throw a ball up in the air and ....catch it:eek::eek::eek:.

My wife was on pins and needles as she was worried that DD would drop the ball and it would bounce into the orchestra pit and land on someone's prized violin:eek:

teamdad-albums-level-5-team-2007-08-season-misc-picture1628-qu94em.jpg
teamdad-albums-level-5-team-2007-08-season-misc-picture1629-qu202em.jpg

One more thing and then I'll stop pestering all of you:D I just found out that tonights premier can be viewed on live streaming video. You can check it out here

[SIZE=-2][SIZE=-1]Live broadcasts around the world[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2][SIZE=-1]Cavalleria Rusticana and Pagliacci are being heard by millions of people around the world this season on the radio and via the internet, through distribution platforms the Met has established with various media partners. The Metropolitan Opera Radio on SIRIUS XM channel 78 is broadcasting the premiere on March 19 as well as performances on March 26, April 2 and 7. The March 19 premiere will also be available via RealNetworks internet streaming at the Met's web site, The Metropolitan Opera.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Wow! What fabulous news. Your dd is very talented and has some great opportunities ahead of her. When it's time to choose between the 2 sports, I'm sure in her heart she'll know which one is her true passion. Good luck tonight!

Ha! Funny you mention ball sports:eek: DD isn't the most co-ordinated when it comes to ball sports either. She was in The Queen of Spades earlier this year and she had to throw a ball up in the air and ....catch it:eek::eek::eek:.

My wife was on pins and needles as she was worried that DD would drop the ball and it would bounce into the orchestra pit and land on someone's prized violin:eek:

teamdad-albums-level-5-team-2007-08-season-misc-picture1628-qu94em.jpg
teamdad-albums-level-5-team-2007-08-season-misc-picture1629-qu202em.jpg

Too funny!!! I'm sure your dd did great! Those costumes are amazing!!!

You know what, I'm jealous! Of her and of you! I can't believe she gets to perform at the Met as a dancer-something I would have loved to do at her age, and something very few kids get to do. On top of that, she gets to compete as a gymnast which is also something a lot of kids dream of, but cannot do. :)

And somehow, I just know that she is mature enough to appreciate her God-given gifts & talents, and she looks like she's having the time of her life in the pics. Good for her! :D

And you get to go watch those awesome performances, w/ your own kid in the production company--that the is icing on the cake!

I can't believe she gets to perform at the Met as a dancer-something I would have loved to do at her age, and something very few kids get to do.

We think it's very cool:) Who knew that the Opera House would become such a big part of our lives. I would have never met my wife to be if she hadn't moved here to pursue her musical career.

DD started in the children's chorus four years ago. She loves to sing and it was a good way for her to have some excellent voice coaching with no expense, she even gets a pay check for rehearsals and performances:). We also thought it would be nice for her to have exposure to some of the finest singers, musicians and conductors in the world.

BTW, anybody can do it, and alot do. Auditions are held every Thurs. during the season.

Kids' Night Out At The Met - CBS News

What great news for you and dd about her ballet. The pics are absolutely great. Hope she has a wonderful opening night. You'll need to post some reviews!

Of course, I should have guessed, your dd is ALSO an accomplished singer, lol! What a neat kid. and neat to have an 'artsy' family, I'll bet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back