Some healing fairies needed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Only 2 weeks until states, and Dd took a bad fall off bars yesterday. Luckily we had a dd's appointment that evening to check for a possible sinus infection, so I asked them to check her out from the fall. Nothing broken, just a badly bruised chest where she chinned herself - and a stiff back and neck from landing hard. Oh, and she does have a sinus infection!! She is not a happy camper.

We could use some speedy recovery fairies, as well as some 13yo hormonal girl remaining calm fairies!!! Oh, and the keeping it all in perspective fairies....

Thanks. I think I will go meditate now.

Sorry about her fall on bars. So glad she didn't get badly hurt. Sinus infection is never fun. Sending good healing vibes her way.

I'll share our healing fairies with you, and you can have them all for next week. DD has a flare up of tendonitis and her state meet is this weekend.

( I hate sinus infections but the good thing is they feel all better as soon as the anitbiotics start)

Poor baby. Glad her fall didnt cause anything too serious. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon and she gets to feeling better. Sending fairies on their way

Sorry to hear about the fall but glad she's okay. Take care of that sinus infection with a neti pot (it really helps but I actually like the squeeze bottle better)....sending healing fairies her way for a speedy recovery.

Thanks everyone.
She is taking the day off, starting on antibiotics, rubbing arnica on her sore chest, and, yes, using the neti pot (which I love, and she finds 'weird.').
(She just skipped through the dining room, so I think she will be okay soon. I didn't know faeries worked so fast...)

Update. The pain in dd's chest was slow to completely go away, and affected her training much more than I expected. (I also think there was some mental stuff going on after that fall) We toyed with petitioning to regionals...but didn't. Dd competed states with only 3 days of training her routines in the 2 weeks leading to states. Worst meet in a long time. It stunk.
She managed to qualify for regionals, And now has 3 weeks to pull herself and her routines together to show herself, her coaches, and the judges what she is capable of as a gymnast (and let me tell you - last night was not it, ugh. Honestly, her whole team needs a little kick in the pants because they are all capable of more than they are doing out there on the floor, but that is a different story.)

So, I think we are still in need of some mental toughness faeries for the next three weeks. If you have some hanging around, send them this way...

Glad she qualified to Regionals despite her injury and lack of training before States. Hope she has a safe and productive next 3 weeks of practice before regionals. Sending her lots of fairies.

Good for her for being able to get out there with such limited practice and still manage to qualify to regionals, not every healthy gymmie can manage that! The extra practice, time to heal, and chance to overcome any fears should help tremendously, here's to hoping Regionals is a much better experience!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back