WAG Some news on Geddert himself - suspended

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I still don't think it would hold up in court. I was told by a lawyer that all those non compete contracts that coaches sign, which says they won't work anywhere near said gym if they leave, aren't worth the paper they are written on, so I can't imagine a judge forcing a minor to remain at a location they deemed abusive. I could unfortunately be wrong, though.

The court doesn’t hold them accountable, but it doesn’t help the gymnast. What these gyms do is call every gym in a commute radius and tell them the gymnast has a balance and doesn’t pay bills. Doesn’t matter if it’s a lie, and merely for punitive reasons. The gyms blackball the athlete. And anyone who says it doesn’t happen is flat out lying.

Gyms in my state did it to my daughter, despite me having paid well over $1,000 in meet fees and assessments for a season she wouldn’t compete, and an extra month of tuition when she tried to change gyms. They said if I didn’t pay more they’d make sure no other gym would take her, and they stuck to their word.

When I reported them to USAG I was told, “we hear that all the time, but there is nothing we can do. We aren’t like a franchise where we can dictate behavior.” I was told this directly by their legal counsel.

USAG doesn’t give a flying fig about any of these gymnasts. 9 years of gymnastics and a season of level 10 in the garbage because I couldn’t afford to buy my daughter out of a bull crap contract.

Has anyone heard anything about him selling the gym? The girls are all competing under a different gym name on mymeetscores. I wonder if somebody wanted to leave now, if the contract would be null and void If there was a change in ownership.

I have heard he is selling the gym to a coach. As far as mymeetscores, I think that was a glitch because on MSO, it said Twistars, and Geddert posted on social media that his gymnasts did a great job competing “with all the distractions.”

Reactions: sce
I have heard he is selling the gym to a coach. As far as mymeetscores, I think that was a glitch because on MSO, it said Twistars, and Geddert posted on social media that his gymnasts did a great job competing “with all the distractions.”

Has he come out to say a single word of support for his former gymnasts they were abused by Nassar?

There is no way in a million years I would continue to subject my child to that environment. It is beyond reasoning to me. It seems that Brett is a good coach and maybe people stay because some of the coaches are ok. But you know they must see it, too. And how in good conscience can they justify supporting an abuser by working there? There is a line, and I couldn't be on the staying side of it. What message does that send your child, even if they weren't abused? NO dream - no elite or level 10 or level 2 dream is worth that kind of compromise in my mind.

I am fairly certain that Geddert didn't come to court ONCE to hear impact statements. I do know other coaches were there in support of their athletes. And then his FB post calling the current events "a distraction". I mean, WHAT IS THAT? He has no shame. It doesn't surprise me, but still...

And the latest -- Geddert required girls but not boys at his gym to see Nassar and only Nassar for treatment. This just gets worse and worse. While I'm glad that the boys seem to have escaped this particular monstrosity, that is one HELL of a red flag, isn't it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back