Some Questions...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello ^^
I'm am currently studying for the levels 5/6 & levels 7/8 tests...
I want to clarify...can you take both tests in the same testing year?
If so, can you take both exams at the same time?

If you pass the level 5/6 test...does that mean
you can also judge levels 1-4 as well?

I'm currently a competitive gymnast so I understand many of the requirements and deductions and I know most of the routines but there are a few that I don't understand~

Lack of coordination on Connections
Lacking Dynamics
Hand Grasp without supplementary Support

What do those mean? If you can't explain maybe an example?

Performs a run-out glide...0.30 ....What's a run-out glide??

Sorry for the bombardment of questions ^^

Thanks

Hi! Good luck on studying and taking your test.
You can take both tests in the same testing year at the same time if the proctor of the test is giving multiple tests. You can usually take both of the written tests together and then take the practical test for L7/8 (which is actually only L8). I've taken both tests together before and just make sure you know the difference between the general deductions and the vault deductions since they are different.

After you pass the 5/6 test you are able to judge all compulsory levels.

A run out glide is when the gymnasts "runs" during her glide swing as she is passes under and past the bar into the stretch part of her swing.

I don't have good examples for lack of coordination in connections or lacking dynamics, its kind of exactly what it sounds like. Both are overall deductions, so when the routine is over if you felt like the gymnast looked uncoordinated during some connections you can take that deduction. Same thing with dynamics, it is more about an overall impression of how dynamic the gymnast was.

Hand grasp without supplementary support is when a gymnast grabs the apparatus but does not put any weight on that hand. The only time I can remember ever taking this was in the last cycle of compulsory routines that had a squat turn and a gymnast would grab the beam for balance, but since she was already so low to the beam she wouldn't put weight on the hand. Somebody else might have a much better example. You likely will NOT see this one on the practical test, but if it asked on the written it will be in a group of other deductions and they want you to add up the total of possible deductions.

If you have other questions please ask! The test isn't hard if you study the right things, but it can be intimidating the first time you take one. Feel free to PM me if you want any more specific info about the test. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back