MAG Son having hard time at practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
First at 9 he may truly not know why. Its part of being a kid.

As the skills become harder it is likely going to take longer. The conditioning while not a favorite or necessarily fun is going to become all the more important. He will have to come to terms with this to keep going.

And yes he doesn't "yet"

Take him back....................... to past "yets" and how he needs to practice.... and keep at it....

Way back, video if you can. These days most of us have video.

Of things he does now without even thinking about, but he had to learn.

Somethings I do/did with mine.

Show her crawling videos reminding her there was a time she couldn't even walk. And then when she started walking how it is not quite the walking/running she currently does.
Her first ugly ugly cartwheels, so I ugly I wasn't sure she would ever get them.
Her first attempts at reading/speaking. Things like when she called toilet paper, roller paper.
I quickly ask her what 2+2 is... And she immediately says 4. Hmmm there was a time you had think and use your fingers.

Did you get better at all those things?
Her; Yes
How?
Practice (insert eyeroll now)
Me; And patience (insert smile)

Complexity yes, but the theory is to learn Humans and their behaviors you only have to study one. Everyone can have their own opinion and believe what they want.

I really don't want to hijack the thread but I really want to respond to this specifcally then I am out.

So if you just study Ted Bundy you will understand human behavior?

Or just Adolf Hitler?

Or just Mother Theresa?

Or just a cannibal culture?

Humans no where near as simple as a polar bear.

If to know one human is to know them all. The public school education system should be wildly successful for all. One method of coaching would work for all.

Another thing I do/did with my girl is talk out loud. We grown ups need patience and have to make corrections (not get it all the time). We have just learned to deal, we don't even think about it. So talk out loud the less then perfect.

I shoot I missed the turn. Oh well I'll go up the road and turn around.
Darn I meant to get broccoli tonight for dinner, well change of plans.

Talk about the things that are hard for you but you keep/kept at them.

My kid loves to hear my nervous parenting stories. And my childhood fails.

I really don't want to hijack the thread but I really want to respond to this specifcally then I am out.

So if you just study Ted Bundy you will understand human behavior?

Or just Adolf Hitler?

Or just Mother Theresa?

Or just a cannibal culture?

Humans no where near as simple as a polar bear.

If to know one human is to know them all. The public school education system should be wildly successful for all. One method of coaching would work for all.

It's not my theory, I just believe it to be correct. You are free to have your own opinion.

Why is Adolf Hitler Adolf Hitler? Study him and you will understand how a human would develop those same characteristics if exposed to the same set of circumstances.

Ted Bundy Serial killer. An FBI profiler can profile a serial killer and be accurate to his or her persona, the polar bear theory.

If someone is molested as a child that child becomes an abuser or a victim for their entire life. People's responses to trauma just aren't that different.

Study a gymnast with a lengthy career and I would wager that most of those gymnasts are scarily alike.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back