Soo frustrated and in very sticky situation, help?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I got my back handspring over a month ago.
It was all good except a couple classes ago my arms started bending.
And every class it had gotten worse and worse, more and more bending (to the point where my head hits the ground). Also, more and more pain in my forearms from doing it with bent arms.
The pain has gotten very bad. My right forearm hurts soo badly whenever I do a back handspring. I KNOW it has to do with my bending-arm problem, as well as my hands being uneven(which i have no idea how to fix).
This class today it hit its peak of pain, injury, and frustration. I cried during class and just felt like quitting. completely.
My forearm is injured, my hope is broken, and my dad wants me to quit because he doesnt want me to keep getting injured.
My coaches say I can do it, and when I get a very light spot, my arms barely even bend! Then I try it alone, trying my best to block off my arms and use power, and my arms bend A TON. Yet they still insist I can do it.
I'm done with all this pain in my back handsprings. PLEASE help me!!
Why do bend my arms, how do I stop, what is this pain, how long til I get better, and most importantly, on Tuesday (my next gymnastics class) what should I do?! (Answer as many questions as possible please):(

If you really think your seriously injured, I'd see a doctor.
As for the bent arms, squeeze your core and your butt harder. It also could be lack of arm strength, too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back