Parents Sooo....how do you think we did??????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Blackie6

Proud Parent
WE DID IT!

DD made sectional score with room to spare! A very fun and interesting day we had. We went early to see favorite teamate that stayed in L4 this year so we arrived at 10am. Our session started afterwards at 11:30 and we were really excited to go because we knew that former coaches would be there so we couldn't wait to give ((HUGS)). I thought it might be a distraction but since we really talked it up all week about seeing former teamates and coaches it went really well. So, I did not video tape anything. After last meet and the picture and video distractions I just watched this one. Started on floor and well you know the whole floor problems we've been having. DD is having problems at the end of the routine still and ended up doing one set of skills down the middle of the floor like from her old L4 routine. Not expecting anything over an 8 and so we were surprised to see an 8.4! GREAT!

Now I all know you do this so fess up...in my head I am saying to myself we needed all 8's on everything to make the 32AA so if she got that 8.4 that means if she falls off the beam she can get an 7.6 and still qualify, LOLOL

Next up is our second favorite event of the L5 season, the vault. need another 8. DD says she has really been working hard on vault all week and wants a 9. Very ambitious girl she is but I tell her not to worry, and 8 would be the goal this time. Has her heart set on that 9 though. Awesome 1st vault but takes a couple little steps after wards. Second vault she does great but land on her butt. Tells the judge "ok, I'll take the first vault" and got a 8.6! WHAT??? Are you kidding me? The two worst events just got over 8's. I am ready to pack it up and go home it is already a blessed day! And, 8.6 means more room to fall off beam yet a SECOND time like in PA and still qualify!

OK, after vault DD is upset and crying (what, there is no crying in gymnastics, we had this discussion before the meet, no tears just do your best! She agreed to it!) she really wanted that 9. Now getting ready for bars.

Insert funny but not so funny story. I took grips out of bag and washed the nasty chalky stinky wrist bands yesterday. They did not dry in time so I stood over them with a hair dryer for 15 minutes this morning before we left. I have made the biggest mistake of all and broke gymnastics rule #1, do not touch the sacred grip bag!

So, on way over to bars which is right in front of me! Those of you who remember the bars story of 2 yrs ago, this is the same meet place and the same set of bars! I asked DD prior to her session if she wanted me to move but this was where our team parents were sitting so I did ask. She told me it was ok to stay after I asked about a gazillion times. So she is being comforted by one of the coaches? What the heck? What did I miss? She couldn't find her grip bag, she thought it was left at home & she swears she can't compete bars withit grips. OMG! Did I really leave out the grips when I washed those nasty stinky chalky wrist bands??? Second thought was do I have enough time to run home and get grips and get back in time? Umm no, super close to meet (about 10 min) but travel time would be 20 minutes at least. She looks again and it was way down deep in her bag. All is well right? Well no, now is the time former fav coach come to watch and former teamate and other teamates from gym. Actually, there is a whole dang PARTY going during warm-ups about 1 foot away from my DD on the bars...you know THOSE BARS! Now I'm thinking would I be the rudest mom in the world if I asked all of them to move behind *the* bars? I decide I should shut up and just go with the flow cause DD has these extra points from the floor and vault, LOL.

OK, so bars warm-ups look hideous, major disractions going on from the party at the bars crowd. DD misses squat on and is also making big hesitation before doing it. However, she does clean routine when need be, still with that little hesitation and then on landing almost falls buts doesn't. End up touching mat with one hand, oppsie, for a 8.10. Not the best but keeping with the goals of the meet.

Next up, last rotation, the beam. Get out the velcro! Still having a party by the bars with coaches and old teamate/parent and I am not even paying attention. Look up in time to see DD up on beam. Stuck cartwheel, remembered all skills, nice handstand and didn't hold handstand long at end like she usually does but coach told her not to since she tends to run overtime with her routine. Clean beam routine and no falls. Hmmmm, somebody pinch me and add up her scores for me...quick! Friend adds up scores and says...............

Vault 8.6
UB 8.10
BB 8.525
FX 8.4
All around....

Forget cloud nine, we are on cloud #10! The icing on the cake was that she PLACED on beam! 9th place! If AA had gone out 1 or 2 more spots she would've had an AA award, but oh well, still so proud of her! She had a great day, ended up the second highest scores on her team today. Others were having the day we had in PA & we were up against some tough competition, but we are thrilled!

Celebration dinner afterwards with ice cream! Thank you all for your support, we felt your CB presence with us today and couldn't have done it without you.

Hmmm, I TOLD YA SO!!!!!!

So proud of her, she is such a star. She really is an inspiration to my girls as she works so hard!

Congrats on making some great goals and trying to rool with the punches.

You know I love a good ice cream celebration. Baby Bog is already looking forward to her first meet as she wants an Oreo McFlurry on the way home, so do I.

OK, I have to admit that I already checked out your scores before I came back to CB, lol. Gotta love those Meetrunners they are so efficient! Actually was checking out LM's competition for States and saw your DD's score :)

I'm cracking up as I read about your calculations in your mind ...she can get 7.6 if she has 8.4. That's what we lovingly refer to as "the cushion"!

Congrats to Miss J for qualifying!! Gotta love the party by bars. We sit right there everytime at BGA it is my favorite spot to sit at the top leaning up against that wall, but it's also nervewracking to be right in front of bars.

Whooo hoo! Sounds like a fabulous day! I'm a little jealous though because in my calculations a fall is only 0.5 there and here this year it goes up to 1.0!

I am soooo happy for her Blackie. I love your meet posts, I seriously can see it all happening. I am so proud of her. And proud of you for making it through the meet. LOL. And you thought she didn't belong where she is, you silly mama. 2 falls on bars and an 8??? That is amazing. Solid 8s, tons of time, qualified for sectionals and placed on beam. Yippee!! What a great weekend it has been for Team Chalkbucket!!!!! Tell her we are proud of her!

HEY Monkeymama! How did you find them (scores) and WHERE did you find them? I just checked the site because I know they are so efficient. Jems old coach's mom runs the meetrunners meets. We are so glad we got our sectional there, it feels like home now with the bonus of seeing old familiar faces. And we conqured those nasty bars!

One of my FAVORITE judges was there today. When DD crashed into the mats at her first sectional last year she was the one that took her side in the middle of the meet to tell her what a great job she did and her first vault was like a 9.3 I think. Anyway, the judge looked at her today when they saluted the judges table before starting the beam and asked the girls if they knew her...of course my DD tells her yes, she should know HER because she was the girl who crashed the mats last year! Gotta say we've had some memorable moments in gymnastics!

HEY Monkeymama! How did you find them (scores) and WHERE did you find them? I just checked the site because I know they are so efficient. Jems old coach's mom runs the meetrunners meets. We are so glad we got our sectional there, it feels like home now with the bonus of seeing old familiar faces. And we conqured those nasty bars!

www.meetrunners.org click on RESULTS and you will see link for today's (oops mean yesterday's) meet and open up the Excel file.

Congrats to you both!!! We get ourselves in such a tizzy and then they go and surprise us!

Hoping my DD has a great season as well. Our first meet is in less than 4 weeks and I am starting to get nervous and am really looking forward to seeing her compete again. She really LOVES it!

Take care!

Sue Z

WOOOOHOOOO !!!

I knew she could do it !!! Tell her her CB 'family' was cheering for her. Now we are all smiling too !

Yahoo Blackie!!! I knew she could do it, so glad that she came through. She can now focus on having fun the rest of the season and getting ready for States!!!

Very, very proud of your little one - great job she did! :D

Any chance you'll be at the Rutgers Classic?? My dd is in the session right after the 5s and we are coming up a little early to watch some since she has "adopted" a little one as her little sis! Maybe I'll see some chalkbucket girls in action....

Way to go on making it to states!!!!Awesome job ! Making states @ her 1st sectional yeah now that stress is over! High 5's

Fantastic news!! Us CB Moms KNEW she could do it! I must admit, I got a little misty eyed reading your meet report. I could feel the pride and excitement!

YIPEE! Congrats to your dd! I have to agree with the other parents in that I knew she could do it! LOVE your meet reports! You make me laugh! What a great way to start the day! She really brought it! So many distractions and she went for it all! AWESOME! What a great week for these gymmies! Emma is up next weekend! I hope the trend continues! CONGRATS on an awesome meet and qualifiying for sectionals!

WTG J! I'm so happy for her and for you! :D It must've been nice, too, to just watch and not have that darned camera in front of you. I need to do that every so often, too. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I feel like I was there!

Congrats!! Sounds like an awesome meet to me. You presented it awesomely too. :)

Gotta love the math that goes on during the meets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance you'll be at the Rutgers Classic?? My dd is in the session right after the 5s and we are coming up a little early to watch some since she has "adopted" a little one as her little sis! Maybe I'll see some chalkbucket girls in action....

We're going but Little Monkey's session is Friday afternoon....we don't like it, even though I don't have to take her out early, it's still rushing from school to RU

We have some L6s on Friday too that will be there. On Friday, DD will have practice so we can't come up. I always feel like it can be a complete stand still on the Turnpike for us unless you have an 8am report time. I get on at exit 5 and go up to 9. Luckily I know how to get to RU without using the Turnpike if necessary, but it is most direct for us to go that route!

I will definitely give ample time on Sunday since our report time is 2:15.

GL to LM, I think there is something like 81 girls in that Friday session!!! :eek: No idea how many are in dd's session, hopefully not 81! ;)

We're going but Little Monkey's session is Friday afternoon....we don't like it, even though I don't have to take her out early, it's still rushing from school to RU

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back