WAG Sophia Orlando Update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lovofu

Proud Parent

Olympic order! Vault is an improvement and the 1.5 yurchenko should be back soon. Bars!!!! Love this set. Beam was solid and floor was awesome until she hit the dead spot on last pass. Good learning moment as she found it in warmup and didn't say anything...just thought she could avoid it during her routine.

Thanks for sharing. Always great to see a Sophia update. She is such a lovely gymnast.

Pretty sure my DD hit that same exact dead spot in the red gym on Saturday morning! She looks beautiful! Good luck on the rest of the season!

Diana

Reactions: sce
If there is a known dead spot (that looked very obvious!), don't they have to fix it? Can't it be dangerous to hit a dead spot in the middle of a tumbling pass?

What are the rules for dead spots?

I recall that at men's worlds, they had to fix the spot after it was pointed out, and then they actually let that rotation repeat their routine (if an athlete wanted). Crazy!

She looks great!

My daughter competed on that floor, and took about 3 steps out of her front tumbling pass at that exact same spot! She said "I don't know why I did that...it felt weird." Must have been the dead spot!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back