Parents Sorry if it's been asked before... Annual cost of coach's fees? (booster and non)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I totally agree!! We have a lot of parents that complain about the work involved in hosting meets (we always host at least 2 but usually try and host one of the state meets as well) and in all the other fundraisers we do but I don't think that they realize just how much money that these meets and fundraisers bring in and in turn save us!! Not to mention that there are quite a few families at our gym that could easily buy out and pay all of these fees and it wouldn't be a big deal, but without the booster club my DD would not be able to continue in this sport and for that I am forever grateful!
It is nice! Our booster club can pay for all meet fees, coach fees, coach travel, gymnast travel, USAG, uniform and camp fees righ tnow. It makes it very nice!

D
I totally agree!! We have a lot of parents that complain about the work involved in hosting meets (we always host at least 2 but usually try and host one of the state meets as well) and in all the other fundraisers we do but I don't think that they realize just how much money that these meets and fundraisers bring in and in turn save us!! Not to mention that there are quite a few families at our gym that could easily buy out and pay all of these fees and it wouldn't be a big deal, but without the booster club my DD would not be able to continue in this sport and for that I am forever grateful!
Dont you have to pay a booster fee.

No we don't pay a booster fee we just work all the meets and participate in all the fundraisers.

That's fantastic for you! The reason some parents are against boosters is because they've probably had experiences closer to mine, where booster=more expensive. The two seasons we had a booster were by FAR the most expensive seasons we've encountered through multiple gyms and disciplines, and we still had to work the home meets.

I'm perfectly happy to volunteer- I've volunteered to help other gyms during meets even, but I don't want to be forced to volunteer (it's not really volunteering then) and then still pay through the nose. I wish more boosters were like yours though. Tbh, I am nervous because I know DDs new gym has a booster (and that they use scrip) but I don't know much more at this point.

No we don't pay a booster fee we just work all the meets and participate in all the fundraisers.

We pay the required $20/year because the nonprofit lawyers we work with said it is necessary to remain compliant. Other than that, we pay zero fees as well.

Reactions: sce
Our booster club has gone through a lot of ups and downs the last few years but things are going very well now (knock on wood). Considering what we pay on a monthly basis for tuition I couldn't imagine having to also pay a booster fee or coach's fees, etc...on top of that, we literally wouldn't be able to afford it so I'm hoping our booster club doesn't go anywhere for a long time!

We pay the required $20/year because the nonprofit lawyers we work with said it is necessary to remain compliant. Other than that, we pay zero fees as well.
The only time we had to pay a fee was when we were new to the booster club (as do all new level 3 parents and any other first year/new team parents), but after that no fees are required.

I'll never complain about work hours again after this thread Our coaches fees vary based on fundraising success with the booster club. This year it's about $200 a year per kid for all levels boys and girls! We don't pay booster club fees so the $200 is it apart from tuition, meet registration fees, usag fees and uniforms.

The only time we had to pay a fee was when we were new to the booster club (as do all new level 3 parents and any other first year/new team parents), but after that no fees are required.

That is how we used to be until we went through the reorg with the non profit lawyers.

I've paid what I'd calculate as coaches fees between $60 and $300 per meet. Usually the gyms w/ booster clubs in my area are more in the $200-$300 range (and many require you to work meets and fundraisers on top of this), where the gyms w/o booster clubs are usually between $75-$150 per meet for coaches fees. These costs are for a similar set of meets and I am subtracting out the cost what it takes to register for the meet - for ex. in the case of the $300 per meet, I actually paid $400 per meet but I'll assume $100 was for registration.

We pay a 300$ a year fee in addition to the monthly gym fees and pay separately for meets, Leo's, etc. For travel comps the cost of coach travel is split among the team girls

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back