DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
One of the great things about The Chalk Bucket is that each thread turns into a resource on its topic. When people search for particular gymnastics topics on the net, we want our threads to pop up. We also want to give a good first impression. In order for this to happen, we need to follow a couple of simple rules.
  1. Use correct spelling and grammar
    • Correct spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation is a must. When fellow gymnastics fans stumble across our threads, we want to give a good first impression. This is a place for educated discussions about gymnastics, so please, no AOL talk (ie. i luv u cuz ur gr8!)
  2. Break your thoughts into paragraphs
    • Think about what you are going to say before you say it. Organize your thoughts into key points. Make each of your key points a new paragraph. Sometimes this can be tough, but it makes our site much more readable.
  3. Create descriptive titles
    • The titles of the threads are extremely important. If you title your thread wrong, nobody will find it and respond to it. Think about what you would search for to find what you are asking. If you are looking for help with a glide kip, a good title would be "Glide Kip Drills". An example of a bad title would be "i need help".
By following these simple rules, we can make this community a valuable resource and attract new members at the same time. Have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping this for our younger members to read and inwardly digest. There has been an outbreak of MSN-itis lately.

This is what JBS wanted, and this is why we constantly enforce the vision.

I have started to realize this lately. More and more teenagers (like myself) are using short-hand and MSN talk is getting kind of annoying.

I personally will work on organizing my thoughts more into paragraphs, because sometimes I just right down what ever comes to mind on that subject.

I agree with the point JBS stated with better titles.Sometimes I will search a subject and I can't get a lot of info out of the search, because people will have these crazy titles. So they don;t come up in the searches.

Another rule is the very interesting choices of color people use for their threads. It is okay to have certain important words highlighted, but the whole post can be annoying. That is just my imput on this thread!!! :)

I'm really happy you posted this.

It's frustrating trying to read a post or message when you practically need a decoder to do it. I don't speak with abbreviations so I don't write them either. Most of the time I don't even understand what the person says or don't remember what I read because I'm too focused on trying to decode it.

-I pledge that I will try to use correct spelling and grammar.
-I pledge that I will speak using real words, not short-hand or MSN speak such as luv, gr8, and u.
-I pledge that I will group my paragraphs into real ideas, and have each paragraph contain it's own ideas.
-I pledge that I will not write three page long paragraphs.
-I pledge that I will not start titles with "I need help"
-I pledge that I will make my paragraphs descriptive and relevant to the post I make.
-I am not allowed to use MSN speak in titles either.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back