SPOILER ALERT!! Women's team Final starting!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So many good things to say, but I gotta ask what you all think of the American's neon yellow shoes during the medal ceremony?! Such a distraction...

Poor beautiful Afan. Maybe I'll download her routine and cut out the last pass and pretend it didn't happen. Also, Mustafina's work ethic and determination really touches me, even though she didn't pull through today.

As for the Americans...why can't Kyla Ross get more screentime?! She's beautiful. I loved seeing Jordan come through for the team (of course she would) and Aly's emotional floor performance. My gym all sat down together to watch Gabby's bars and we were so nervous. My coach was shouting directions at her out of sheer anxiety. PUSH DOWN ON THE BAR!...she can't hear you.

Baaaah! Lol

I seriously should have medicated myself before it started...lol. It was an edge of your seat kinda presentation.
I loved watching it online. So much more is shown. And it's just gymnastics. Not just a USA on this even then off to swimming (no offense) or something else for 30mins just to come back, show a couple more routines then off to something else again.
Plus loved Shannon Miller. It is soooo much better listening to her. She actually has a grasp of what is going on..lol
I cheered for evey single girl they showed. I smiled when they smiled, and my stomached dropped when they messed up.
Such a tough break for Russia on floor. But they still got Silver after all that. That is a testament to how good they are.
Loved Jordyn's smile on floor. She really should smile more. And poor Aly, that girl is going to give herself a stroke one of these days. She was crying before she even finished her floor routine..lol.
The whole team ROCKED today. They were on. It was "THEIR DAY"
I think this was one of the most exciting team finals I have seen. They all were amazing and the way they all cheered for each other, (opposing teams), what wonderful young women they all are.
I have nothing but respect for every single one of those girls.

I seriously should have medicated myself before it started...lol. It was an edge of your seat kinda presentation.
I loved watching it online. So much more is shown. And it's just gymnastics. Not just a USA on this even then off to swimming (no offense) or something else for 30mins just to come back, show a couple more routines then off to something else again.
Plus loved Shannon Miller. It is soooo much better listening to her. She actually has a grasp of what is going on..lol
I cheered for evey single girl they showed. I smiled when they smiled, and my stomached dropped when they messed up.
Such a tough break for Russia on floor. But they still got Silver after all that. That is a testament to how good they are.
Loved Jordyn's smile on floor. She really should smile more. And poor Aly, that girl is going to give herself a stroke one of these days. She was crying before she even finished her floor routine..lol.
The whole team ROCKED today. They were on. It was "THEIR DAY"
I think this was one of the most exciting team finals I have seen. They all were amazing and the way they all cheered for each other, (opposing teams), what wonderful young women they all are.
I have nothing but respect for every single one of those girls.

What feed were you watching? I watched NBC and there was no commentary. Would love to know where to watch with Shannon Miller commentating! Was she BBC as someone else mentioned BBC had commentary but I dont' think I can get their feed??

My daughter's gym watched live as well. Fun memory for the girls!

I watched the Canadian CTV coverage and it had Kyle Shewfelt and Rod Black (who is this) commentating, I found it pretty bad too. They kept talking and Kyle must love the word enchanting. However, I am so happy that Canada got 5th, who even thought that it was imaginable, they sure have come a long way. And there are lots of talent coming up from the juniors. So happy for all of the USA girls, and for the Romanians even without the fall on floor, USA still would have won. I also found it kinda funny that Russia was crying at 2nd and Canada was so happy with 5th. Congrats to everyone who competed!

What feed were you watching? I watched NBC and there was no commentary. Would love to know where to watch with Shannon Miller commentating! Was she BBC as someone else mentioned BBC had commentary but I dont' think I can get their feed??

My daughter's gym watched live as well. Fun memory for the girls!

I heard Shannon on the NBC Olympic Streaming video (on their website). I think she is doing a terrific job and really wish she was on the primetime show. I also loved getting to see gymnasts from all the competing countries. Way to go USA!! So proud of every one of the girls. :)

What I find so impressive is that we would have won even without those errors on the Russian floor routines. Our girls really brought it home today and I am so proud of them. I knew Jordyn would come back fighting and Gabby showed everyone who said she was going to choke. I can't wait to watch it again tonight.

I was cheering and screaming. I love watching Olympics gymnastics now that I get the sport a little bit.

I was cheering and screaming. I love watching Olympics gymnastics now that I get the sport a little bit.

Same here... Up until my boss came to my desk and asked if i could tone down my enthusiasm i little bit. LOL (i was actually pretty loud... but hey...It's the Olympics!! right?)

All the gymnasts did a great job today. I'm very proud of the US team of course, but I have some pride for all the other gymnasts as well. I know through my own daughter that one little miss-step, or fall, or wiggle can cost you the competition. Been there...done that! I've dried many tears in the last 6 years. That's the nature of the sport. But even the largest of mistakes shouldn't reflect badly for the athletes who try. They should be ALL revered as the Worlds Best athletes - and nothing less.

Disclaimer: The above statement is an attempt to be humble. That said.... TEAM USA -- You ROCK!!! :)

Super proud of USA, and thrilled for Canada!! SUPER bitter that NBC is using the online live coverage/non-live primetime as an excuse to REALLY limit what they show on TV. Only the US and Russia after the first couple rotations? Nothing from ANYONE but the top 4 teams? Yipes! Glad I can go back and watch the live feed replays but still disappointed I have to wait until I have free time (very limited being a working adult!!) to actually catch any of the Canadian routines :/

~Katy

THE LIVE FEED WAS SO FUN TO WATCH!!!

The primetime stuff may as well just be US Olympic Trials as much as we see any other countries.

The primetime coverage is pathetic.
Didn't watch - the BBC (thank goodness for a VPN) allows you to replay prior events from their site, so I showed DD the BBC replay, which was most of the routines with no commercials or added dramatization, and was the same duration as the actual meet (no interruptions for swimming, interviews and endless repeats of the same commercials).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back