SPOILER RESULTS 6.50am live UB final online

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

b scores.

These olympics have officially sucked for me. How does HE win w/ a dead hang on her toe shoot, being crooked on all releases etc. From all the HORRIBLE scoring, to the blatant favortism these olympics sucked.

nastia should have one! her rountine was tigher and more clean cut than anyone else

as for the girl that came third that was insane her rountine was just amazing and she deserved better

I, too, am sick of all this favoritism. It is really killing it. No matter how well we do, it seems the Chinese get gifts all over the place.

Also B scores cannot be challenged by the coach, only A scores can be questioned. Therefore Nastias coach cannot question the score.

Really bites this games, make gymnastics much less of a pleasure to watch.

The American media will go wild on this story, and rightly so.

I can forsee someone leaking the Chinese gymnasts actual ages. Then all the "gifts" they've gotten in scores is really going to suck. They'll lose almost every medal they've earned!

I can forsee someone leaking the Chinese gymnasts actual ages. Then all the "gifts" they've gotten in scores is really going to suck. They'll lose almost every medal they've earned!

Em. Probably not. I posted previously on Kim Gwan Suk of Korea. She was 11 when she robbed Shannon Miller of Olympic gold in 1992. The team was banned from 1993 worlds as a result of listing her age as 15 for 3 years running, but no medal was ever stripped.

Kexin HE 7.70 9.30 9.10 9.10 8.90 9.00 8.90 16.725
Nastia LIUKIN 7.70 9.00 9.30 9.00 8.80 9.00 9.10 16.725

The judging was all over the place for both girls. Both had 7.70 A score, you can see that as the first number. The other numbers are the judges B scores for each girl. The number that sticks out for He is the 9.30 from the Aussie judge, why so high, there were clearly more faults than that. The same judge have Nastia a 9.0 which seems low from a judge who gives gifts!:eek: Though not out of line with the other judges scores.

So what's with the 9.3?:confused:

I am sleep deprived and irrational, I need regular life to resume. The Olympics are driving me crazy.:crazy::warped::rollingeyes:

An excerpt of this interview has appeared:

"... You know," Liukin said, "a fourth Olympic medal -- I have to be happy."

Steve Penny, the president of USA Gymnastics, said the Americans would not file a protest. "We agree with it," he said. "It's done. We're moving on."

From the same interview.

"For me, it's not correct," said FIG president Bruno Grandi, who noted the rules for dual medals were dropped in 1997 at the direction of the IOC. "When two people arrive on the same level, they are champions. But this competition doesn't belong to us. It is the IOC's.
"I believe it's correct to have two gold medals, but this is my modest opinion. The IOC is different."

Does anyone know how the tie breaker actually works?

I really think they both should have gotten gold - if they had the same score - it is a tie.

From the same website:

A complete score is now made up of two parts, A and B.

The first, the A score, or the start value, is an assigned degree of difficulty.

In this instance, both He and Liukin had the same start value, 7.7.

The second part of a score, the B score, is an execution score.

Six judges vote.

The high and the low are tossed per the rules.

That leaves four scores.

Those four are averaged.

That average becomes the B score.

Add the A and B together and you get a complete score.

In this instance, both He and Liukin got 16.725.

Thus: onto tiebreakers.

The first tiebreak is the B score.

Here both got the same B score, 9.025.

The next tiebreak: the judges drop the next highest deduction.

That obviously leaves three judges' scores instead of four -- or to be precise, the marks those three judges gave for deductions.

Here, the average of those three judges' deductions for He: .933.

For Liukin: .966.

Liukin had a greater deduction.

Thus she was second.

Another way of getting to that math: Take the B scores of the three judges from that second tie-break, add them together and divide by three.

The math for He: 9.1, 9.1, 9.0. That equals 27.2. Divide that by three, and that equals 9.066, the sixes stretching out to infinity.

For Liukin: 9.1, 9.0, 9.0. That equals 27.1. Divide that by three and it's 9.0333, the threes going out forever.

Thus she was second.

Crazy! The judging def. is favoring the Chinese over and over again during these games. Its really sad for the sport and for the girls are that are competiting.

They should have just given out two golds. Nastia was robbed.

Would it be wrong to say the fact she won the AA (over China) was not in her favour here?

Dumb MSN puts this prominently on their home page and ruins it for me, but yeah, that sucks. I didn't realize there even was a tie breaker for event finals, learn something new every day. I guess there's not much you can do about it, but I do think Nastia's routine is better. If only because of the toe hecht difference, which is pretty unquestionable, but I think Nastia's still looks better.

They won't strip the medal for lying, but they will for cold medicine...

Em. Probably not. I posted previously on Kim Gwan Suk of Korea. She was 11 when she robbed Shannon Miller of Olympic gold in 1992. The team was banned from 1993 worlds as a result of listing her age as 15 for 3 years running, but no medal was ever stripped.

This is almost as bad as when they stripped Romania's Andreea Raducan's gold All-Around medal when she tested positive for.....cold medicine. Such a crock! She even said the medicine made her dizzy and did not enhance her performance.

I haven't seen the footage yet (I live on the east coast) but I have heard all about the UB finals in the news. It totally sucks for Nastia.

I hope Shawn and Nastia kick butt in beam finals!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back