Parents Sports bra recommendation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MickeyDGym

Proud Parent
My DD is in the beginning stages of puberty and has developed in the chest area. I bought some cutesy bras from target but the straps seems flimsy and not a real supportive bra. I was wondering what bras are best for gymnast?

To me- as anathlete in HS with large breasts, and now as an adult with less than perky large breasts I will tell you... the underbreast band is the best indicator of support. If it is a thick elastic, better support.
It needs to be a thick and of elastic.. and tight around the ribs.. honestly the thin elastics or cloth bands don't support at all.

We have honestly had good luck with the sports bras from justice. The ones that have the thick straps and razorback, not the thin strap ones that are for everyday. DD also really likes the under armour ones but of course they are more expensive.

My dd wears the maidenform ones. They are super cheap, they last really well, they are very non-bulky under clothes and leos, and she says they are comfy. Did I mention they are super cheap? This sport costs enough without paying $35 each for sports bras. (I buy them when they go on sale at Kohls or jcpenney. I can get them under $10. She has had some for two years and they haven't worn out or lost the elastic strength.

Nike Pro, Under Armour. Academy Sports brand is good, as well, and less expensive.
The champion ones at Target are good too. Also, check out Justice. For practice, the bra showing outside the leotard is ok. Well at our gym it was. For competition, it can be trickier to find one that doesn't show.

The champion ones at Target are good too. Also, check out Justice. For practice, the bra showing outside the leotard is ok. Well at our gym it was. For competition, it can be trickier to find one that doesn't show.
I too have heard good things about the Champion ones at Target! I was wondering about the ones at Old Navy....anyone?
FWIW, my little doesn't need them yet (thank GOD; so not ready for this!)...but it is good to research ahead of time, for once, LOL!

I too have heard good things about the Champion ones at Target! I was wondering about the ones at Old Navy....anyone?
FWIW, my little doesn't need them yet (thank GOD; so not ready for this!)...but it is good to research ahead of time, for once, LOL!

The ones from Old Navy are nice but the sizing is inconsistent across styles, so be prepared to try multiple sizes.

Don't be surprised if your little one wants to start wearing them with her leos long before they are necessary. There are a lot of little kids on my daughter's team wearing them for fashion purposes. Anything to look like the big girls!

The ones from Old Navy are nice but the sizing is inconsistent across styles, so be prepared to try multiple sizes.

Don't be surprised if your little one wants to start wearing them with her leos long before they are necessary. There are a lot of little kids on my daughter's team wearing them for fashion purposes. Anything to look like the big girls!
Lol, we once had a young one on our team that, for some inexplicable reason, started wearing a PADDED bra and a sports bra under her leotards. She was like 9 years old?!?!?

My gymmies used to wear (YG still does) Justice or Champion. OG wears Champion, Nike Pro, or Under Armour.

Lol, we once had a young one on our team that, for some inexplicable reason, started wearing a PADDED bra and a sports bra under her leotards. She was like 9 years old?!?!?

My gymmies used to wear (YG still does) Justice or Champion. OG wears Champion, Nike Pro, or Under Armour.

LOL ! Maybe other girls in her group started developing and she wanted to 'fit in?'

As for bra recommendations - I am bustier and have always loved Nike Pro bras. They are fantastic and never lose their structure.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back