Coaches Squat on question

• Thread starter Deleted member 25978
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 25978

I have a gymnast who has a squat on in her bar routine. My question is, when she’s in front support, she just brings her feet up. There’s no cast. She just kind of…lifts her feet up to the bar and stands up. She doesn’t lean over the bar and swing her feet back. She just perches like a bird.

My question is, since squat on is preceded by a cast in normal circumstances, would a judge see her just lift her feet directly up and give her credit for a cast too? I’d include a video but she isn’t comfortable being filmed.

I have a gymnast who has a squat on in her bar routine. My question is, when she’s in front support, she just brings her feet up. There’s no cast. She just kind of…lifts her feet up to the bar and stands up. She doesn’t lean over the bar and swing her feet back. She just perches like a bird.

My question is, since squat on is preceded by a cast in normal circumstances, would a judge see her just lift her feet directly up and give her credit for a cast too? I’d include a video but she isn’t comfortable being filmed.
This is a specific deduction in USAG, they call it “insufficient backward swing of legs into cast(hip lift only)”, 0.05 deduction. I am not sure how it’s treated under other rules.

This is a specific deduction in USAG, they call it “insufficient backward swing of legs into cast(hip lift only)”, 0.05 deduction. I am not sure how it’s treated under other rules.

Thank you for that! So, they’d view her lifting her feet up as a cast albeit with insufficient swing of the legs? Therefore she’d get a cast deduction. I guess part of my question is: is it consider ‘possible’ under the rules to do just a squat on with no cast? I imagine not, but that’s something I want to make sure I understand fully.

Thank you for that! So, they’d view her lifting her feet up as a cast albeit with insufficient swing of the legs? Therefore she’d get a cast deduction. I guess part of my question is: is it consider ‘possible’ under the rules to do just a squat on with no cast? I imagine not, but that’s something I want to make sure I understand fully.
I am not sure what you mean by ”cast deuction”. Casts into squat ons(and sole circles) are not evaluated the same at casts into other skills, they are not expected to achieve the same amplitude.

Reactions: JBS
I am not sure what you mean by ”cast deuction”. Casts into squat ons(and sole circles) are not evaluated the same at casts into other skills, they are not expected to achieve the same amplitude.
Thanks for that information! I meant cast deduction as in the deduction is on the cast rather than the squat on itself but you answered that. Appreciate it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back