Start value of level 8 routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof5

Proud Parent
what is the start value of the level 8 floor routine if they do a layout instead of a full? Also are there any more deductions other then start value if this skill is missing?

A full isn't required at level 8. 4 "B" skills are required, and a majority of level 8's use a back layout full or half as one of their "B"s which is why you see this pass so much at level 8. You would have to list all her elements to give you a start value.

Her first pass is supposed to be the full but she doesn't have it yet so I am guessing that she will have to put in the layout. She second pass is front handspring front layout front pike. She also is doig a double turn and a switch side. Is that enough? I don't know the value of all those skills but I am assumng some are b's.

Yep - the turn, leap, front layout and front pike will all count as "B"'s. So she would technically start from a 10.

She also need to connect her switch side leap to something to fulfill the special requirement for two directly or indirectly connect dance skills. or have another entire leap pass with 2 skills... Special requirements are worth .5 so if she doesn't have it that will come off her start value. She meets all of the other special requirements. I have heard of judges taking deductions for not up to competitive level starting with level 8 so she might incur a deduction for not having a "b" backward tumbling pass, but I think it is a small deduction.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back