Parents Starting to panic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
Ok - DD has her first spring meet next weekend. As most of you know she has only been back to full practice for two weeks after two months out due to a broken wrist. My concern is that she will have to do the L4 vault in this meet and she has NEVER even attempted it. She has 3 practices left before the meet.

Vault fairy anyone?

Sending you the vault fairy. Have youy thought of getting her a half an hour private to deal with that vault. Though maybe a chat with the coach may reassure you that they will be addressing the issue in the next 3 classes.

How is she feeling? That will make a huge difference if she is feeling confident,

Sending you the vault~*~ fairy~*~but send her back on 2/14 because my DD will need her too. My DD hasn't practiced vault since before Christmas. She did 2 vaults at States but they weren't pretty. Let's just say cold turkey she managed an 8.8 but it really wasn't the vaulting or the handstand part that made the score so low...it was the run because of her heel. She won't be cleared til next week for practice.

Just tell your DD how proud you are of her trying this meet so soon after her injury, but there is no pressure to get big scores, just get back into the swing of things and do what you can. How did she make out with regaining all the other skills after the injury? I'm sure you will be a nervous wreak watching and worrying, but she will be fine. I am sure once she gets to the meet and being with the team & doing what she has been doing it will all come back to her!

Sending you the vault~*~ fairy~*~but send her back on 2/14 because my DD will need her too. My DD hasn't practiced vault since before Christmas. She did 2 vaults at States but they weren't pretty. Let's just say cold turkey she managed an 8.8 but it really wasn't the vaulting or the handstand part that made the score so low...it was the run because of her heel. She won't be cleared til next week for practice.

Just tell your DD how proud you are of her trying this meet so soon after her injury, but there is no pressure to get big scores, just get back into the swing of things and do what you can. How did she make out with regaining all the other skills after the injury? I'm sure you will be a nervous wreak watching and worrying, but she will be fine. I am sure once she gets to the meet and being with the team & doing what she has been doing it will all come back to her!

Thanks Blackie - she is fine on all of her skills except her leg cut, it was her dominant hand so it is the one she puts all the weight on to do her leg cut back after her mill circle. She did say she did it yesterday w/o dropping down so looks like all of her skills are still there. She has lost some of her handstand time - she always finished in the top 3 in handstand contests - she cannot hold it as long now. She is even doing her ROBHS in her floor routine !!

I did email HC who told me that they practiced that vault during L3. I never saw them do it but.......ok ( I always stay at practice so it could have been while I was teaching classes that I missed it).

I am just happy that she is happy - she cannot wait to compete 3 weeks of training or not. She gets what she gets in scores, I am just proud of her.

I'll send her your way fro next weekend, but I need her back for the 14th as my Bean is competing a new vault and it's a bit sketchy! lol.

Good luck to your little girl. I know she'll go out and make you proud!

Canadian gym mom

Best of luck to your dd! She will do fine. We'll send you the vault fairy, PLUS the 'have fun, no matter what happens' fairy! Remember, she is lucky to be healed and able to compete, the rest will come! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back