Parents State Games of America

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

Hi all!

Olivia qualified this past Sunday to go to the State Games of America out in San Diego next summer! Here in PA we had our 'Keystone State games' this past weekend for the gymnastics part of it. There were a lot of different gyms there, and a bunch I had never seen before.

We got a late start, she forgot her grip bag!! :eek: I was just getting ready to turn onto the highway and for some reason I asked her if she had it. She looked in her duffle bag and around her seat ~ no grip bag! It was still at home. So, had to turn around, drive back home about 16 miles, and head back down. I probably broke about a million traffic laws! We got there about 10 minutes late but didn't miss too much warm-up time.

She competed on floor first. She's been having problems again with her back tuck but we already decided not to worry about it, if she does it, fine. If not, that's okay, too. Well, she did it. :D Didn't get much height but she did it. Scored an 8.4, her highest of the season! Vault had been looking great at practice, scored an 8.45. Bars, she's been looking so good these past few weeks, I wasn't worried about it ~ missed her squat on, scored an 8.125. Oh, well. On to beam, does a pretty good routine, not her best, stays on with a few bobbles ~ manages to score a 9.0! Anyway, she was in the 8-9 age group, and there were only 4 girls! They went out 2 places. She took 2nd on vault, bars and floor, 1st on beam, 2nd all-around! She was very happy. Turns out she was sick, too. She had to run out and got sick in a garbage can. She got sick 3 time on the way home and pretty much crashed all afternoon. Not a bad meet for not feeling well!

Level 6 is now over, I hope! On to Optionals!! :)

Sounds like she did awesome for not feeling well!! Can't wait to see her level 7 routine next year

Wow, it always amazes me what these girls are capable of even when they are sick!!!

Olivia had a fantastic meet, bummer about the bars, but she'll get 'em next time! A big WOOT for her 9 on beam!!! Overall a great job and I, too, hope she is on to 7! You will feel the affects of 7 on your checkbook once you're paying for the routines... ;)

WTG Olivia!! She did very well even being sick.

Very few gyms in our state send kids to the state games. One reason is it is a non sanctioned meet so can't get mobility scores or state qualifying scores and its always held in late July when the compulsory girls are gearing up for their meet season(starts in Sept) and optionals are training new skills. Just not a good time for competitive gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back