Parents State Meet Results for our CB Girls...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymBeeMom

Proud Parent
Well, we all survived and DD had an awesome meet. There were not many girls in her age group so placings don't mean much but her scores were great and she came home with medals. She had a personal best AA of 37.125 and her whole team did awesome! She hit on all 4 of her events with no falls. The competition was ridiculous and with such a small group of girls, they were all amazing and only a few tenths separated each one of them! She came so far this season and is ready for level 8 and TOPS training for summer.

Soooo, how did everybody else make out?

OK, I don't normally post things like results, but I will go out on that ledge today. "It was the best of times, It was the worst of times"

After my dd's personal best score on floor, she had an uncharacterstic balk on vault. What came next was horrifying (to a parent in the stands), and so was her score.

Then I saw something amazing... She shook it off and delivered a very nice bar routine and a stunning beam routine. I certainly didn't know my dd had that in her (don't think the coach did either). Overall it wasn't the result she hoped for, but I am a SUPER PROUD mom that is in awe of her inner strength! She went home with one 2nd place and two 1st place individual medals.

OK, I don't normally post things like results, but I will go out on that ledge today. "It was the best of times, It was the worst of times"

After my dd's personal best score on floor, she had an uncharacterstic balk on vault. What came next was horrifying (to a parent in the stands), and so was her score.

Then I saw something amazing... She shook it off and delivered a very nice bar routine and a stunning beam routine. I certainly didn't know my dd had that in her (don't think the coach did either). Overall it wasn't the result she hoped for, but I am a SUPER PROUD mom that is in awe of her inner strength! She went home with one 2nd place and two 1st place individual medals.

IMHO, as a parent, this is what it's all about.....yes, scores and placements are great, but those kind of lessons will follow her for a lifetime...long after the scores have been forgotten!

We had the same thing happen. My daughter, the great bar artist, scored a 6.95 on bars with the ugliest routine I have ever seen. I thought it was all over but she got up, had a great beam routine and scored a 9.4. I told her I was more proud of her for that than if the whole meet had been great. It's the first time I've seen her recover like that and I gotta to say I know where you're coming from!

Good to hear everyone had good states! My dd competed her giant for the first time, but had fallen on her squat on, so it was exciting yet frustrating all at the same time. But she shook it off and then stayed on the beam, so yay!

My dd had a pretty good states meet, too. Best beam routine ever for her(and a medal!!) Didn't do as great as she normally does on floor and bars, but still got a bars medal. SHe even medaled on vault and got 6th all around in the youngest L7 age group which is pretty competitive. There is a Region 1 Level 7 Championship competition for the first time this year and they chose the top 42 AA scores...all ages combined. My dd qualified around the 20th position, so we still have one more meet to go to at the end of April.Her video from states is on my youtube page.

We just returned from my ds's Regionals. I'm exhausted. I can see the end of season from here...I'm sooooo ready!!! :D

Dd came in 11th AA and tied for 4th on Vault. Her feet slipped our from under in her handstand to bridge so floor pretty much killed her. Bars were the best I have seen her do but not her strongest event at anytime.

The hardest part was that somewhere in the last month since the last meet DD figured out that just because she got a medal doesn't mean she won. So we had a teaching moment and the opportunity to discuss the gym move that DH and I have been discussing.

I felt for a first State she did well. Glad to hear everyone else did well.

My DD had a great state meet. Bars was first. Her routine looked amazing and but the judges thought her coach touched her on her giants and took a .5 deduction. Funny thing is that if she had touched her she would have actually slowed her down. anyway after a talk with the ref and judges got it fixed 9.375. Not her best but still a great score!!

Next was beam, warm ups looked great but she fell on her series, however the rest of her routine was solid. 8.375

On to floor, best routine all season 9.5.

Then vault which is really hit or miss. 9.125. AA was 36.375.

Placed 5th on bars, 2nd on floor, 11th on vault and 12th on beam. 6th AA

DD had a strong State meet. She finished 3rd AA with her highest AA score of the season. She had her best bar routine and received 8.5 and placed 4th. She finally managed to connect everything and had two of the three height requirements. She tied her highest floor score with 9.1 and placed 3rd. Her vault was the second highest all year at 8.5. Not ever her best event. Then had a beautiful beam routine until the very end when she ended up doing the level 5 dismount instead of level 6 and still scored a 8.9. She was really disappoint with her performance on the beam which is by far her strongest event but she cried a bit in the stands afterwards, wiped her eyes and declared that she can't wait for the next gym class when she can do NEW stuff.
I was super proud of how she did this year.

We survived states as well (though I thought bar warm-ups were going to give me a heart attack -- I didn't know there were that many ways to fall in a routine!). Finished 4th on bars, 5th on vault, 5th all around. She fell on her beam series so she was a little disappointed there. Floor was solid, but scores were really high. DD's just excited to start training the next level of skills. And her father surprised her with flowers after the meet -- that meant more to her than all the medals combined.

My DD also had State this past weekend. Scored 4th AA in her age group 8th overall. Good enough for Regionals. Tied for 1st-all ages on bars!! 2nd in her age group on beam. Vault is still the toughest. First time with over a 36 AA. Was super proud of her.

Both of my daughter's had a great meet. Twin A is the AA State Champion! She is beyond thrilled! Twin B had a great day too. Her scores were very close to her sister's except on bars, where she had some sort of glitch and didn't get her cast high enough. She ended up with a 8.5 on bars, and tied for 9th place AA. Both girls came home with lots of medals, new t-shirts, leos, and some great memories.

Both of my daughter's had a great meet. Twin A is the AA State Champion! She is beyond thrilled! Twin B had a great day too. Her scores were very close to her sister's except on bars, where she had some sort of glitch and didn't get her cast high enough. She ended up with a 8.5 on bars, and tied for 9th place AA. Both girls came home with lots of medals, new t-shirts, leos, and some great memories.
Congrats!!! I saw they had a terrific States!! My dd started year off strong but was hit with injuries toward the end of the season and only did beam and bars at States :(. It was a tough year for our L 8 s but she is looking forward to uptraining.

Thanks gymmomof1! They did have a great States to top off their best season ever. Especially twin A. Like your daughter, twin B, also had some injuries, unfortunately right before states, that probably affected her bars score. Sigh....it's always something! LOL! Hope your daughter is feeling better. Regards to all, from all of us! Uptraining is so exciting for the girls, enjoy!! BTW..I saw her beam and bars scores, they were great!

Last edited:
There must be some pretty awesome gymmies floating around because I know all these CB parents are THE BEST! Congrats to all our State, Regional and hopefully some national champions around here:) All these kids deserve huge congrats just for showing up at the gym day after day...most kids wouldn't do it.

My dd competes this weekend at L6 States in PA. Not holding my breath for anything. She's been struggling this year.

My dd competes this weekend at L6 States in PA. Not holding my breath for anything. She's been struggling this year.

My DD competed in PA L6 states today :). I wasn't holding my breath either (there is a really good local gym w/ a lot of amazing girls her age this year that I knew she'd be against), but she managed to pull out a medal on floor and is really happy! She had a good meet w/ no major mistakes or unusually low scores. It was a good end to the season for her.

I hope your DD did/does well :). They don't go out a lot of places at PA states - you need a pretty high score to place on anything IMO.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back