WAG State meet schedule?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymdoc

Proud Parent
So NC L6-10 state meet is March 16-19. The last qualifier is scheduled the weekend of 3/11. Does that mean they won't be able to put out a schedule until 3/13? That seems ridiculously late for such a huge meet. Is anyone "in the know" about which levels might go which days?

I personally am stressing about the possibility of a Thursday time slot. I work full time and need to know which day to take off!

In most states, they will have the tentative schedule out before that last qualifier. When gyms submit their rosters, they denote those that still need to qualify, so the state can take those numbers into account.

We are in NC too. DD lvl 6. Son has event that weekend as well so hoping tentative schedule comes out soon.

I noticed that the final qualifier for our state is after the registration deadline too. I assume that gyms have to register everyone they are hoping to have compete by the registration deadline and then they will have to pull girls out who don't end up qualifying. That way the schedule can be set for the max number of possible girls. I doubt, at least in my state, tthat there will bemany who don't qualify. You only need a 32 here.

I noticed that the final qualifier for our state is after the registration deadline too. I assume that gyms have to register everyone they are hoping to have compete by the registration deadline and then they will have to pull girls out who don't end up qualifying. That way the schedule can be set for the max number of possible girls. I doubt, at least in my state, tthat there will bemany who don't qualify. You only need a 32 here.

In my state they waive the late fee for anyone who qualifies after the deadline. I think the deadline is to get the majority registered earlier so meet directors can get planning going.

Schedule was posted today! Good news is no Thursday session. Bad news is my 2 L6 DDs are in separate sessions, on separate days :rolleyes:.
However, the younger one only has to miss a half day of school and the older one doesn't have to miss any. Not ideal, but I'll take it!!

Schedule was posted today! Good news is no Thursday session. Bad news is my 2 L6 DDs are in separate sessions, on separate days :rolleyes:.
However, the younger one only has to miss a half day of school and the older one doesn't have to miss any. Not ideal, but I'll take it!!
ooo, where'd you find it, please?

It was on meetmaker last night, but I don't see it there now? Ugh, I hope that doesn't mean they are changing it!!
Friday was 2 sessions of L8 and 2 sessions of L6.
Saturday was 1 session of L6, and 3 sessions of L7
Sunday was 2 sessions of L9 and 2 sessions of L10

Bizarre that it's gone now. Our gym sent it out too. Fingers crossed it doesn't change too much- I was really happy with our session.

well that's weird that they would have posted it and them taken it away.

Our state schedule has changed as well. I was expecting DD to compete on a Sunday night, but it looks like it was changed to Saturday night.
I'm not making plans until the word "tentative" is taken off the website ;)

The NC state schedule is back up but only the L6 age groups are up yet.

ETA: all level age groups up now

Last edited:
I would have thought there would be more level 6 gymnasts competing at states. NC seems to have a plethora of gyms. Based on age divisions and max gymnasts allowed per division, I estimate there to be around 225 gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back