Parents State meet scoring??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dad1234

Proud Parent
Please help me understand state meet scoring. Say a meet has three sessions of Junior A kids in level 3, are there three state champions with the winner of each session considered a state champion? Or is there one state champion that is determined across all kids in junior A from across all three sessions? I’m just curious what to expect when I look at scores on competition day since this will be my daughter’s first state meet. Thanks!

There wont be three sessions of Junior A kids they will probably break it down like Junior 8 Junior 9 something like that. They have all the kids for the same age group in the same session. The kids dont compete with their whole team at state just the kids in their age group so if your dd wins her session she is the state champion for her age group. Does that make sense? its not like other meets where the whole team goes at once and every session has a Junior A and Junior B champion. The session has all kids form all teams for that age group. Team champion isnt announced until the last session for this reason.

Yes to everything that MuggleMom said. Except this year may be a little different in some states. In VA (at least for Levels 6/7/9/10), States were held virtually. In that situation, you would compete with your full team and results would be based off off all "JR A" from throughout the full weekend.

Yes I will clarify that what I wrote was pre-covid lots of states are doing things different this year with restrictions in place etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back