MAG State meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
We just finished! Boys did well. Their Level 4 Team placed 1st!

My oldest was 1st on floor, 2nd on pommel and high bar, and 3rd all around
Middle outscored oldest but is in a tougher age group - 2nd on pbars, 3rd on pommel, 7th all around
Little man didn't medal but had a few personal bests and is ready to rock it next year :)

Hope everyone else competing this weekend had/has a successful day!

We had a great state meet! This is the first time Nate has ever made the podium in AA. They only went out 3 places for the events and 6 for the AA- for 40 level 7s- That means very few kids got medals. :(
He stuck his double back dismount on rings and got 3rd in that event. He got 2nd on pommel and 3rd AA. He came out of practice excited yesterday. He told me he was tighter on his tumbling and hitting better stalders and endos on high bar. He even did a double back dismount off pbars and almost stuck it! His decision to stay level 7 for a third year is really giving him the confidence to try new things. It was the very best decision. I am happy that he is happy. :)

My guy finished L4 states yesterday and took 2nd on rings in his age group with a 10.3! And got personal bests on 2 other events. He finished with 12 AA in his age group and qualified for regionals! Super proud of him. He is one of the younger ones and was SO nervous. He said he was excited that he made regionals but was most excited that he gets to start working on his L5 skills :)

I think some of the regions have added lower levels for regionals as a money maker. If you have room for another session and have already rented the venue and the equipment, it's profitable for the region to bring in the additional group. Just have to pay the judges. Meet fees are much more than judge costs.

I think some of the regions have added lower levels for regionals as a money maker. If you have room for another session and have already rented the venue and the equipment, it's profitable for the region to bring in the additional group. Just have to pay the judges. Meet fees are much more than judge costs.

Probably. Our gym doesn't even take L5 to regionals. THey consider L4/5 states to be the culminating event, L6/7 Regionals, and L8-10 Nationals. Gives the kiddos something to look forward to. And those guys sure look happy in the gym right now, not running routines daily ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back