Parents State Meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is going to vary a LOT by state. If you are from a less populated state, and travel to surrounding states for some meets, your State Meet might even be smaller than some of your regular meets (ours is). Ours is more of a capstone celebration for our season. A time for the gymnasts to shine and compete at their best after a super long, hard season.

My DD is in the same boat. Just got the state schedule today and she is the only one from her gym in her session. She is very bummed about it. But it is also a great opportunity to have one on one time with her coach. And she likes the time of day that she starts. She will be done for the day and then can stay and watch the rest of her teammates compete in the next two sessions. Her sister has been at a state meet and regionals meet all by herself. And has done very well both times. I think she was more focused being alone.
When my daughter was young and the lone girl in her session out of 12 girls on her team, it was a special experience for her to have the two coaches all to herself. She thrived on the attention and did wonderfully, and I think the coaches got to know her personality a little better which was to her benefit down the road. Also her teammates were in the stands, and we stayed for all the other girls' sessions as well, and that was so fun for the girls to hang out together cheering for their friends all weekend; I remember it fondly.

Of course now that my daughter is mid-teens and upper optional with a different set of coaches, when she found out she'll be the only girl in her session this year, she said "awkward".

Of course now that my daughter is mid-teens and upper optional with a different set of coaches, when she found out she'll be the only girl in her session this year, she said "awkward".
So funny how they change as they get older, my oldest isn’t a gymnast but would probably feel the same way! My daughter is young enough that she’d probably be delighted like yours was when she was younger. I think she’d be intimidated initially but would end up loving the 1:1 time with her coaches’ attention only on her, since that is rare for her at our gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back