Parents State officially canceled

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PeanutsMom

Proud Parent
We got the news yesterday that state championships are officially canceled. Level 6s may get to have an "end of season" meet competing with compulsory states, but those have also been postponed/canceled. Any chance that USAG would send 1 state medal to each gymnast who qualified as a symbolic gesture that they made it? I don't foresee any meets starting up again before the end of the school year. Things are just kicking off with Covid-19 across the country and the expectation of it spreading is high.

I am proud of every gymnast (in any state) who worked hard to compete and finish a strong season. This is all out of their control and they worked hard regardless of the outcome. Congratulations to all who were already qualified and to those who were planning on finishing strong in their last chance qualifiers and likely would have qualified.

Stay well everyone.

State here officially cancelled. Level 9/10 will go straight to regionals if they scored a 34 this season or a 35 last post season.

level 7/8 will be ranked and go through in percentages as normal from state to regionals except they will use the top two scores from this season instead of state score.

Level 6s will have their meet with compulsory state.

this is all dependent on any of those meets actually happening of course.

Our state meet was cancelled too. My gymnast is really disappointed since she had a good season and was expecting to do well at the state meet. I wish they would send a state medal to gymnasts who were going to compete.

State here officially cancelled. Level 9/10 will go straight to regionals if they scored a 34 this season or a 35 last post season.

level 7/8 will be ranked and go through in percentages as normal from state to regionals except they will use the top two scores from this season instead of state score.

Level 6s will have their meet with compulsory state.

this is all dependent on any of those meets actually happening of course.
This is what we were told too. My level 6 is super bummed to not get an "Optionals" state experience because she worked so hard to move up to the Optionals team. And at this point, I am not convinced there will be a compulsory state meet.

Yes nor cal state meet is cancelled too. Kinda upset because I don’t think my daughter will be doing regionals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back