WAG State team for regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, I just had my state meet a few days ago and I am wondering if I made the state team for regionals. I made the state team last year and hoping to make it again. I am wondering if anyone knows where to look for that information?

I would imagine your coach would let you know. In my state, USAG informs the coaches of what the qualifying score is. The gyms then let their gymnasts know.

Your coach should have already told you if you made the team, they are pretty on top of stuff like that. Otherwise, check meet scores online for your state meet, sort the scores for all sessions and only your level. I think its the top 8? scores regardless of age group that are on the state team.

In NY the top 7 are the superteam. It is listed on the NYUSAG page under state meets. Maybe your state has a similar display. Either way, your coach should know.

I didnt even know our region had a state team for regionals till I looked up the roster posted on the Region website. I would imagine if you look on your regions website they will have it posted there with other meet information.

Your coach should have already told you if you made the team, they are pretty on top of stuff like that. Otherwise, check meet scores online for your state meet, sort the scores for all sessions and only your level. I think its the top 8? scores regardless of age group that are on the state team.
I asked my coach and he said he is not sure yet. Also is it top 8 for the age group at state, or the age group you are going to be in at regionals? Because they split the age groups even more at regionals. Hope my question makes sense.

What state are you in and what level? The info should be on your state web site on how it is broken down.

In Georgia, the state team for a level is the top 8 all around scores for that level, no matter the age group.

Also, I find it odd that the coach wouldn't know yet. The gyms should know ASAP so they can register the gymnasts for Regionals!

I asked my coach and he said he is not sure yet. Also is it top 8 for the age group at state, or the age group you are going to be in at regionals? Because they split the age groups even more at regionals. Hope my question makes sense.
It is the top 7-8 all-around regardless of age group. At regionals one of the sessions is just the girls on the various state teams, so you would rotate with all the 8 girls that made the state team. Didnt you make the state team before? It should be the same as it was last year. Level 10 does not have a state team.

I made the state team last year but didn't even place all-around at state, I have absolutely no idea how! I guess I will just have to wait for my coach to figure it out. Maybe it is different in my region and it's honestly very confusing here, not even my coaches can figure it out. Thanks for all the replies though. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back