Parents 'States'

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Annikins

Proud Parent
Hi, sorry to take up time asking for explanations of what is probably really obvious to most people here, but I keep reading about 'states' and other 'meets'. In the UK, we have a different system, so I was just curious how the US one works? I just want to understand what I'm reading! Can anyone help, please? Thanks!

In the US, we have 50 states. Each state typically has a championship meet at each level that girls must qualify for during the competition season. Some large states (California, etc..) have a north and south state bc they have so many girls. So, even though it runs just like a regular meet, a girl or team can say they are the state champion for that year.

In the US, we have 50 states. Each state typically has a championship meet at each level that girls must qualify for during the competition season. Some large states (California, etc..) have a north and south state bc they have so many girls. So, even though it runs just like a regular meet, a girl or team can say they are the state champion for that year.
It is different than a regular meet in that girls or boys qualify to the meet and compete against all other in their age and level that qualified. Regaular meets are only a subset of teams form the area or other areas. It is a bit artificial in the sense that there are a lot of age groups, so there are a lot of state champions at each level.

At higher levels gymnasts can qualify at states to go to regionals and at regionals to go to nationals.

OK, thank you, so 'regular meets' sound like our 'friendlies' although our club doesn't really do them. And 'States' sounds like our County Competitions. We qualify for Regionals by finishing top three in the County, but anyone can enter the County comps, there is no qualification for them. How do you qualify for your States competitions? Is it by scoring a certain amount in the 'meets'? Thank you!

Sorry, just read another thread, and it sounds like it's a minimum score to reach, and maybe different for each State. Thank you! I like to understand what people are talking about!

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back