Staying Busy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R

rparker426

I just started teaching a new preschool class about 3 weeks ago and I have the kids sit on colored squares when it is not there turn. The first week they sat there no problem now since they have gotten used to them they dont want to sit on them anymore. Does anyone have any ideas of ways to keep them busy when its not there turn? Thanks in adv.

sometimes when I need mine to sit on their carpet square I will ask them to show me their pike, tuck, straddle. I can shout these out while assisting another student. practice standing on one foot. you could have them switch colors after a short ( probably very short) time. something as simple as Jane switch colors with John etc.

Circuits are a preschool gymnastics teacher's best friend. Just an obstacle course they can go through & mostly do independently, & you can be at the hard station.

I've done fine-motor stations as simple as using clothing line pins, clipping to a bucket, using bubble wrap to pop each turn, or pop without using the hands.

Foam puzzles while waiting turns are awesome!

have them do contests against themselves....balancing on 1 foot, v-sit, etc, count and beat your score next time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back