WAG Steve Penny arrested

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There is a group, that has done a lot of organizing, in the event that something happens to USAG.. They have not gone into specifics, but they do have an organization they said they would partner with at the start. I hope they are truly ready to step in....

I’ve been following what I can find from this group, and at one point it was mentioned that they would have an alternative ready to register folks by this past July 2018. At that point (January) they said they hoped USAG would pull it together, but they wanted to be ready if not.

At this point, I wonder what the tipping point would be for them to “activate” this new organization? What are they still holding out hope for with the current USAG, and what would signal to them a lack of hope in rebuilding?

That is my thought. I also think USOC would not do this with the team away at worlds, at least I hope they wouldn't.

Exactly. i am pretty sure this group is in contact not only with whatever organization they have spoken to, but also with USAG and USOC. I am glad there are people out there being proactive with this. It will be hard if it happens, especially for those that are in the upper levels/elite area, but I am very glad there is something and someone out there .....

Wouldn’t they just be folded into whatever new organization took its place?
Is there a new organization ready to take over? And who will be running this new organization?? I admit I am very concerned about this whole decertify/burn it down talk, albeit from a very selfish standpoint.

We really have no say in what happens. I believe the idea of this thread is when Mr. Penny sings like a song bird, in an attempt to save himself, the usoc will have to act. That action is limited but if he tells all the usoc will have little choice but to decertify. The media pressure will be to much and the inevitable will happen. I believe we hope a better organization rises. A gymnasts talent speaks for itself the governing body behind them means nothing.

In terms of JO levels, routines, mobility scores, etc., does it seem likely all of that will remain the same under a new organization?

Exactly. i am pretty sure this group is in contact not only with whatever organization they have spoken to, but also with USAG and USOC. I am glad there are people out there being proactive with this. It will be hard if it happens, especially for those that are in the upper levels/elite area, but I am very glad there is something and someone out there .....
Ummmm.... me thinks the girls at worlds works probably get excited that the OC dumped USAG. :)

Reactions: sce
Is there a new organization ready to take over? And who will be running this new organization?? I admit I am very concerned about this whole decertify/burn it down talk, albeit from a very selfish standpoint.

That is the sad part, USAG didn't not care a bit about the girls welfare in 2015, when Penny first knew about Nassar, in fact his inaction allowed at least 50 girls to be abused after that date. At least 50 that we know of. USAG continued to show their disregard for the gymnasts by destroying important papers, firing people whilst camps were being attended, by hiring people completely unfit for the job etc etc.

They have not shown any ability to do things right. Yes, there are some great people involved, but as far as an organisation who's primary goal should be safegaurding their athletes, they suck at at.

For the parent of a future elite I get that this is just terrible, but can the USOC really allow them to continue to make such bad choices? The US elites are stronger than ever, without great leadership.

I feel a system that allows the elites to train together a number of times a year, would be easy to put in place.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back