WAG Steve Penny arrested

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I want to know who Penny knows... it took almost 3 weeks to find him "on vacation" in Tennessee. Sounds like he was hiding out... that he knew this was coming.

I know this sounds very conspiracy theory, but who told him what the Grand Jury was doing?

I fear that USAG is about to be burned to the ground.

I fear that is exactly what it needs. They seem to be totally clueless about what is really going on in the real world. They need to get smart, choose staff with no ties to the Nassar years and start over. They also need to learn how to vet potential hires, their track record is almost laughable. Meanwhile two teams of talented gymnasts are trying to compete at worlds. USAG needs to get itself together or admit failure and let wiser folk step in.

Last edited:
@bogwoppit I was trying to be polite and not start that fight with USAG supporters, but I could not agree with your more. I wanted to add that possibly gyms holding meets this year would/should consider keeping all the profits, protest the USAG nonsense.

You are sweet. But as long as the discussion is not political it is all good. Anyone that supports USAG at this point clearly needs to do more research.

This story just gets crazier and crazier.

The following is probably not a popular thought, but I will throw it out there. USAG is an absolute mess, but starting from scratch is not easy. I am a little confused by why most people seem to prefer complete destruction rather than rebuilding. The rebuilding must start with a representative committee -- parents, coaches, and gymnasts (former elite and lower), USOC, et al. I have worked on plenty of bankruptcy accounts where a complete housekeeping was required. Clean house. Figure out what is working. Identify ESSENTIAL changes and prioritize those. There are plenty of other basic steps.

Do we know what's being done to actually settle the lawsuits? Are they still waiting on insurance? Until they can actually work with the survivors I don't know how much progress they can make. Rebuilding instead of starting from scratch would be great but we're now years into this thing and they keep making the same mistakes.

@vagymmomma I do not beleive there will ever be change, the board that is now yielding power to make decisions does not seem to have the ability to get out of their own way. I am only speculating but the board seems to want USAG the brand to be a money-making company. That is not the purpose of a governing body. The profit, in gymnastics, should be made at the ground level, club owners, not at the governing body level. USAG's sole purpose should be to obtain sponsorships and raise funds so those funds can be used to support all the athletes that give their heart and soul to gymnastics, all athletes not just the elite ones. In the end, the officers and experts that work for USAG should make comfortable salaries but no employee should be getting rich. The majority of the funds should be returned, yearly, to the athletes and clubs that are actually doing all the hard lifting. Representing the U.S.A. in competitions and winning should not be the priority. Making many many great healthy will results in win after win, nothing extraordinary needs to be done if you are doing the right things your results will be exactly what you want them to be.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back