Still getting ads after upgrading

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This was written for the iOS app (not Android)...but give it a shot...

Try...
  1. Log out of the app (click on "people" in the menu...then "log out" in the upper right)
  2. Close the app by double clicking the home button and sliding the app off the screen
  3. Wait 30 seconds or so
  4. Open the app back up and log back in
See if that works.

@Becauseisaid

Try clicking the upper left (little ChalkBucket) to get the menu. Keep clicking it until the main menu comes up and the little gears appear in the upper right corner. Click the little gears and scroll all the way down to "Reset Cache". See if that works.

Darn. I was hoping that would work. But no. All the ads are still showing up. I cleared the cache and then turned off the phone for a few minutes before trying again.

Having the same problem

Edit: I would have paid for the upgrade anyway just to help out cb, but I was really hoping to get rid of that stupid gaming ad that comes on every time.

Having the same problem

Edit: I would have paid for the upgrade anyway just to help out cb, but I was really hoping to get rid of that stupid gaming ad that comes on every time.

LOL! Totally agree. I really like the site and use it probably way too much so have no problem supporting it, but since the offer was made, I would really like to see that pop-up go away.

Ok...looking at this tonight to try and figure it out. I have confirmed the issue on my wife's phone.

There should be a new upgrade out for our Android mobile app by tomorrow morning.

@JBS - I appreciate all your hard work on this. I know it's been a pain in the rear. So far, no upgrade/update so I'll be patient and wait for it.

Well, it updated but I'm still getting all the ads. I even made a point of clearing the cache and restarting the phone to confirm.

Well, it updated but I'm still getting all the ads. I even made a point of clearing the cache and restarting the phone to confirm.

Try clearing the cache and closing it again...then see if it works.

Just did. Instead of just restarting, I turned the phone off for approx. 5 minutes before restarting. Maybe uninstall and reinstall the app?

Did you try it after my post above? I changed something.

@Jenny

Try resetting your cache too...see what happens.

I believe the issue is that the "CBBC Board Member" user group is not being read. It used to be that user group #19 (CB Booster Club) would not see any ads...not it is both user group #19 and #25 (CBBC Board Member). For some reason user group #25 did not get added to the last to builds of the Android mobile app (comma in the wrong spot or some technical issue).

I think I have it fixed in the new version. There will be another new update coming out tonight or tomorrow morning. For now...I have added you both to the CB Booster Club group and the CBBC Board Member group.

Once the new version comes out you can check that you are using the current version in the settings of your phone under apps. ChalkBucket Mobile current version should be 3.6.12.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back