Still improving!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
The girls competed in a very far away travel meet this weekend...we were there for 4 days...to say that I am exhausted is a tiny bit of an understatement. Older DD really rocked the meet (see my other post)...and I am happy to say younger DD rocked in her own way...personal best AA score and floor routine. In fact, she ALMOST had her first 9.0 in level 4! Her floor routine was SO much improved, for the first time I really saw her cleaning up some details and I know she has to work 20 times harder for that than most kids so I was very, very proud. (Well, I am always proud of her, but you know). She got a 8.85 on floor which is over a point higher than last meet. I am going to try and get a video up...you all will be so proud of her! ;)

Her vault was good too...she had an 8.6 something...she didn't fall on the bars but was tired (last event) and had lots of bent legs and didn't cast out of the front hip circle, she had a 7.8 something, bummer. Her beam routine was quite a bit better but she fell on her dismount...bummer again...she had a 7 something on beam, too.

No places and just the AA participation medal but she stood up there with a big smile on her face and she was so proud of herself for that floor score and an improved score on beam even with the fall. She's an amazing kid. AA was 32 something which I am very proud of. Rocking L4 in her own way, is what I call it.

Thanks for reading! Good night!

No way, really? That was DD's session. Wish I had known, I would've said hello! DD's group was the ones in the blue, red and gold leos. DD was in ChildB.

No way, really? That was DD's session. Wish I had known, I would've said hello! DD's group was the ones in the blue, red and gold leos. DD was in ChildB.

DD was in ChildB too! AND...I sat next to a whole bunch of people from your team! Very nice people. That is wild! I bet we were right next to you. Our girls were the ones in the black leos with purple scrunchies who were screaming when any of them got 9's on floor (these were everyone's first 9's of the season...MAN my DD was so close too!) Your team did AWESOME, BTW. ;)

I remember them! It was so adorable when they got so excited about the 9's on floor. :D I can't believe our girls were in the same age group! You weren't one of those who had a 6 hr drive back were you? I spoke with a lady who said they had a 6 hr drive ahead of them. :eek: Thanks re: our girls. They were pretty excited about the the team award, especially being the hometown team. DD was the one who came in 2nd AA in the ChB group (1st in bars and beam)-don't know if you remember her or not. Hope that you guys enjoyed the meet!

I remember them! It was so adorable when they got so excited about the 9's on floor. :D I can't believe our girls were in the same age group! You weren't one of those who had a 6 hr drive back were you? I spoke with a lady who said they had a 6 hr drive ahead of them. :eek: Thanks re: our girls. They were pretty excited about the the team award, especially being the hometown team. DD was the one who came in 2nd AA in the ChB group (1st in bars and beam)-don't know if you remember her or not. Hope that you guys enjoyed the meet!

Yes! We had the 6 hr drive! I am still recovering LOL. I don't remember your DD for sure but WOW she had a great meet! :)

You weren't the one I spoke to, were you? :) I spoke with a lady in a black shirt, dark curly hair. I remember thinking that I was glad to have a short drive. As tired as I was when we left, I would have had to drink multiple cups of coffee spiked with espresso. That was a long session! I'm thrilled that your DD had such a good meet as well. She's made a lot of progress.

Apologize for highjacking the thread!

LOL. As you two have gone back and forth in this thread I was thinking.."heck..they probably spoke to each other and didnt know it"..lol.
Anywho, big congrats to your little DD. This dang L4 is tough on them in the begining. But it is such a joy to see them slowly improving. And the joy you see in them over the occomplishments they have is just heart warming. WTG to your DD. Sounds like she is having a great season.

My DD is one for whom very high scores don't come easily. She gets the skills, and she has an amazing physique - but she just doesn't "get" the whole tightness and form thing. She knows it's important, and she tries to think about it, but it's tough to think about that and the execution of skills at the same time. Most of the time DD thinks she's straight/tight, and she almost is - just not enough to avoid the deduction! It's easier for those girls who have naturally good form (i.e. don't have to concentrate on it much) I think, like DD's best friend who started on team a year after her and beat her in 2 events and AA in our recent in-house meet simply because of form. Our next "real" meet (Presidential Classic) they will be in the same level and age group and will be direct competitors - I hope they can deal with that.

Anyway, I am so pleased for your DD! It's always wonderful to see them on an upward path and performing to their best ability.

Sounds like little dd did a great job! So close to that 9.0!!! Any meet where they leave smiling is a good one IMO but when they hit personal bests, it is even better.

You guys are so sweet...makes me so happy to have somebody to celebrate the small successes with! :) :) :)

sounds like a fantastic meet for your younger DD. she is growing with each meet. good for her. rememer it is a marathon not a race. can't wait to see the video.

Congratulations to your dd! Knowing how hard she has to work make success that much sweeter.

I hope you will post a video. I believe I've seen one from your dd before and loved watching her. Her love for gymnastics coupled with showmanship really shined through in her routines. Glad to hear that her hard work is paying off. That's what it's all about.

Congrats to your little DD on all the improvements!! Slow and steady... Gymnastics is a long haul! My Little Monkey started her level 4 season with a 24-something several years ago at her first meet, and now look at her!

Hope both of your girls are having fun! Stinks about the long drive after a long weekend!

Congrats to your little DD on all the improvements!! Slow and steady... Gymnastics is a long haul! My Little Monkey started her level 4 season with a 24-something several years ago at her first meet, and now look at her!

Hope both of your girls are having fun! Stinks about the long drive after a long weekend!

Her first meet last year in April was a 25AA. ;) I really hope my DD stays in gymnastics a long time like your LM!

Congratulations to your dd! Knowing how hard she has to work make success that much sweeter.

I hope you will post a video. I believe I've seen one from your dd before and loved watching her. Her love for gymnastics coupled with showmanship really shined through in her routines. Glad to hear that her hard work is paying off. That's what it's all about.

I will hopefully get it posted tomorrow or over the weekend. :) Thanks for the nice compliments for little DD. She definitely has "flare" or so I have been told!

[video=youtube;HQBXFkz40TM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQBXFkz40TM[/video]

Video is up, enjoy. Her next meet is next Friday and I am looking forward to seeing some more improvements hopefully!

looking good !! nice split and her hand/arm movements are very flowy (is that a word?) does she take dance too? her arm movements are very dance like.

best of luck to her @ the next meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back