WAG Storytime

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jard.the.gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
So, what funny things did you/ your gymmie experience? Inspired by my friend who did a Squat on on bars and fell backwardin competition, but did a sole circle, despite never training them.

Most of my stories are more scary than funny :rolleyes: I was rather accident prone when I was on team. I'm not as dangerous in rec now though.

My daughter was doing L7 floor and she tripped on the edge of the floor getting into position, she did a great routine and then tripped and fell going off the floor, the judges were falling over laughing. She placing 2nd.

at our mock meet we had our chalk bucket (which is a trash can lid) laying on the floor next to the dismount mat on beam, my teammate did a beautiful routine but went crooked and over rotated on her back tuck dismount, she took a step back and tripped off the mat and ended up falling to her butt in the chalk bucket

We had a meet at a gym where the corner of the beam matting met the corner of the pit. I saw several near misses with girls who went off to the side.
Apparently while I was at awards, one girl tripped on her dismount and landed in the pit.

At another meet, one of our L8 gymnasts lost her footing on her dismount and barely missed landing ribs first on a springboard standing on its side. She did a cartwheel over it instead.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back