Strained ab muscle):

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yesterday when we started practice i went to bars. I did one glide swing, let go of the bar, and curled up into a ball. It felt like something popped out of my stomach! It hurt soo bad. And of course when I get hurt I get emotional so I can't help but cry when talking to someone. So anyways my assistant coach called her trainer and the trainer said i may have strained an abdominal muscle. It is above my hip but a little below my belly button on the right side of my stomach. I was told I cannot start training again for two weeks but I can start planking and side planking on Monday. I would like some way to make my legs or arms stronger during this time. Any thoughts on excercises or on my injury? NOBODY better say push ups because that is not an option. Anything using any abs I can't do.

please go see a Doctor. what you have described on that range of motion sounds like a hernia. this is very common and most kids will not even know they have a hernia until you do something such as you did. hernia's don't get better. please get this checked. :)

Well it's actually quite better. From what I've looked up, hernias swell and I haven't had any swelling whatsoever. It only hurts when I try to sit up or sneeze. Ill see what my coach says when I go to practice. (I also meant to put pulled instead of strained. Strained sounds less painful and is not what they think happened)

And also, looking at pictures of where hernias occur, it's the upper stomach area. My spot or whatever it shall be called, is the lower stomach.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back