Parents Strap Bar Gloves?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jillc

Proud Parent
My DD just finished her competition season and is now starting to work on new drills.

The last 2 practices she has done some drills on the strap bar and it seems to be killing her hands.

Are strap bar gloves a thing? Would they help? If so, what do I buy and where do I find them?

She is 12 and just finished Level 8 if that matters.

Our gym has them buy cheap cotton gloves...think the $2 stretchy gloves at target in the winter.... you can usually find them easily in winter time but probably on amazon year round. Thats if its a metal bar....

Bare hands or grips which is what they use on the actual bars

The last 2 practices she has done some drills on the strap bar and it seems to be killing her hands.

Is she doing strap bar with a PVC tube or with gloves?

Good question — I had to ask.
She says PVC

Are her hands hurting… or her wrists? Strap bar isn’t really hard on the hands. In fact… we do it to save the hands… or when their hands are all hurting.

Are her hands hurting… or her wrists? Strap bar isn’t really hard on the hands. In fact… we do it to save the hands… or when their hands are all hurting.
Her hands. She got a huge rip and and a blood blister right in the middle of her hand.

Maybe it was other new skills that were hard on her hands?? I asked if it was for sure strap bar and she said she wasn’t sure.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back