Strap Bar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, I was just wondering. When on the strap bar, the coach has the girls wear a band around the wrist. Does it sound like some sort of supportive band?

A band, as in a cloth wristband? That's completely normal on the strap bar, so that the straps don't hurt wrists. If it's not that, I'm not sure what it could be.

Get some of those extra wide ones for tennis or baseball. The regular wrist sweatbands are too narrow. Academy and Sports Authority both carry them.

The band is called a wrist band, they are basically the sweat bands tennis players often wear, they are used to protect the gymnast's wrists from the straps, otherwise the gymnasts get cuts, scratches, burns, and in general pain from the straps.

i don't think she' asking about the wrist bands. i think she's speaking of the small seat belts that you use. and if you are, it prevents the gymnast from flying/peeling from the bar.

It was the wrist bands. They are working on their back hip circles. But I'm all for learning, so the small seat belts sound interesting too. If and when we get there, I will know what those are. It is so interesting to see the little pieces of things become something bigger down the road. Some of the older girls are working on the flyaways and it is something to see them dropped flat down on their backs from the bar. I saw something here that lead me to a fly away tip video (don't recall how or where) and it was interesting - lo and behold I saw it the next day in the gym. Thanks for all the responses.

At our gym the girls wear gloves on the strap bar, I'm not sure about wrist bands though. I'm not sure what seat belts are, unless you just mean the straps themselves. I've never seen BHC trained on strap bar, the girls just learn those on the low bar without straps. From what I've seen, they mainly use the strap bar for tap swings, giants and long hang kips. You wouldn't be able to do a flyaway with straps on either. Unless I'm entirely confused about what 'strap bar' means - we don't have a special bar, just a high metal bar that is used with straps.

I haven't seen flyaways on the strap bar. I've seen giants and the girls working on their back hip circles. Our strap bar has some straps on it that the gymnasts put their arms through.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back